1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ufospls2, Apr 4, 2018.
First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last
  1. llcook51
  2. LCMusicLover
    LP is quite engaging with Auteur with Gold Lions as well. Just as musical as with other amps, but with more bass presence and impact, and a bit more open stage:

NUC ==> SU-1 ==> Pontus ==> LP/Gold Lions ==> Silver Dragon ==> Blackwood Auteur

Can't answer directly, but LP is very good with 300 Ohm Auteur (and 6xx).

Wes S likes this.
  3. UsoppNoKami
    Happy to report that my LP is still going strong and sounding great with the Phillips SQ E188CC tubes made by Mullard.

I'm one of the guys running a customised LPS with the amp, no issues at all so far but I'm very careful with power up and power down sequencing. AtomicBob's warning and info in his posts earlier must be heeded! On my part, no particular reason to run it, save I had bought it while waiting for the amp and I may as well use it. To date, it's been running fine with the LPS for almost a month.

IMG_20181207_020508.jpg IMG_20181207_020618.jpg

4. rockytopwiz
    How does your 2c scale? Do you hear pretty significant differences between you different amps? Which headphone of yours would you say scales the most?

Also if I could get a blood sample, I'll send you over the file for my new app that pricks your finger.

5. llcook51
    Thanks for the reply. The LP also works great with the HD 800S (another 300 0hm).

6. UsoppNoKami
    I like picking up the 2C when i want a smooth sound with strong clean bass. I'm usually doing other things like working / reading while listening through the 2C.. changed to the CF headband to make the weight and weight distribution a bit more tolerable for longer sessions. Warm smooth sound goes well with pretty much all of my DACs and Amps, i like that kinda thing...

When i'm in the mood to actively listen to stuff, I generally use the Elex on either the LP or my Cayin tube amp. My Quad ERA-1 should be arriving in the next few days, will see how that goes. Verite & Glenn OTL orders placed, something to look forward to next year :wink:

rockytopwiz likes this.
  7. Hansotek
    That's a nice collection of gear you have going there!

8. Hansotek
    The Liquid Crimson was the only amp I ever really liked for the T1. LP should be perfect.

9. heliosphann
    Quit bringing up the Crimson! It makes me sad... :frowning2:

omniweltall and Wildcatsare1 like this.
  10. llcook51
    Today, I received a 4-pin XLR cable for my T1 (gen 2). Wow...great match with the LP. Never had the opportunity to hear the Crimson. The LP is superb.

11. Odin412
    I have a T1 2nd generation but my Liquid Platinum hasn't quite finished burn-in yet. I will try when I get a chance.

12. Hansotek
    Nice!! They sound very similar.

13. llcook51
    Thanks. I am anxious to hear our you impressions compare with mine. I have over a 100 hours in on my LP and my T-1s are about 2 years old. With the new Corpse Gravedigger balanced cable I got today, there is a "heavenly choir."

Odin412 likes this.
  14. UsoppNoKami
    Thanks mate :) Your collection tho.. *drools*

Hansotek and llcook51 like this.
  15. llcook51
    Agree with both of you about the "equipment collections".

First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last