Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
Dec 6, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #811 of 5,150
Dec 6, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #812 of 5,150
LP is quite engaging with Auteur with Gold Lions as well. Just as musical as with other amps, but with more bass presence and impact, and a bit more open stage:

NUC ==> SU-1 ==> Pontus ==> LP/Gold Lions ==> Silver Dragon ==> Blackwood Auteur

Has anyone tried the LP with the Beyerdynamic T1 (2d Gen)? I was wondering how the LP pairs with a 600 ohm HP.
Thanks.

Can't answer directly, but LP is very good with 300 Ohm Auteur (and 6xx).

Dec 6, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #813 of 5,150
Happy to report that my LP is still going strong and sounding great with the Phillips SQ E188CC tubes made by Mullard.

I'm one of the guys running a customised LPS with the amp, no issues at all so far but I'm very careful with power up and power down sequencing. AtomicBob's warning and info in his posts earlier must be heeded! On my part, no particular reason to run it, save I had bought it while waiting for the amp and I may as well use it. To date, it's been running fine with the LPS for almost a month.

IMG_20181207_020508.jpg IMG_20181207_020618.jpg

Dec 6, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #814 of 5,150
Happy to report that my LP is still going strong and sounding great with the Phillips SQ E188CC tubes made by Mullard.

I'm one of the guys running a customised LPS with the amp, no issues at all so far but I'm very careful with power up and power down sequencing. AtomicBob's warning and info in his posts earlier must be heeded! On my part, no particular reason to run it, save I had bought it while waiting for the amp and I may as well use it. To date, it's been running fine with the LPS for almost a month.

How does your 2c scale? Do you hear pretty significant differences between you different amps? Which headphone of yours would you say scales the most?

Also if I could get a blood sample, I'll send you over the file for my new app that pricks your finger.

Dec 6, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #815 of 5,150
LP is quite engaging with Auteur with Gold Lions as well. Just as musical as with other amps, but with more bass presence and impact, and a bit more open stage:

NUC ==> SU-1 ==> Pontus ==> LP/Gold Lions ==> Silver Dragon ==> Blackwood Auteur

Can't answer directly, but LP is very good with 300 Ohm Auteur (and 6xx).
Thanks for the reply. The LP also works great with the HD 800S (another 300 0hm).

Dec 6, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #816 of 5,150
How does your 2c scale? Do you hear pretty significant differences between you different amps? Which headphone of yours would you say scales the most?

Also if I could get a blood sample, I'll send you over the file for my new app that pricks your finger.

I like picking up the 2C when i want a smooth sound with strong clean bass. I'm usually doing other things like working / reading while listening through the 2C.. changed to the CF headband to make the weight and weight distribution a bit more tolerable for longer sessions. Warm smooth sound goes well with pretty much all of my DACs and Amps, i like that kinda thing...

When i'm in the mood to actively listen to stuff, I generally use the Elex on either the LP or my Cayin tube amp. My Quad ERA-1 should be arriving in the next few days, will see how that goes. Verite & Glenn OTL orders placed, something to look forward to next year :wink:

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #817 of 5,150
I like picking up the 2C when i want a smooth sound with strong clean bass. I'm usually doing other things like working / reading while listening through the 2C.. changed to the CF headband to make the weight and weight distribution a bit more tolerable for longer sessions. Warm smooth sound goes well with pretty much all of my DACs and Amps, i like that kinda thing...

When i'm in the mood to actively listen to stuff, I generally use the Elex on either the LP or my Cayin tube amp. My Quad ERA-1 should be arriving in the next few days, will see how that goes. Verite & Glenn OTL orders placed, something to look forward to next year :wink:

That's a nice collection of gear you have going there!

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #818 of 5,150
Has anyone tried the LP with the Beyerdynamic T1 (2d Gen)? I was wondering how the LP pairs with a 600 ohm HP.
Thanks.

The Liquid Crimson was the only amp I ever really liked for the T1. LP should be perfect.

Dec 6, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #819 of 5,150
The Liquid Crimson was the only amp I ever really liked for the T1. LP should be perfect.

Quit bringing up the Crimson! It makes me sad... :frowning2:

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #822 of 5,150
Today, I received a 4-pin XLR cable for my T1 (gen 2). Wow...great match with the LP. Never had the opportunity to hear the Crimson. The LP is superb.

Nice!! They sound very similar.

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #823 of 5,150
I have a T1 2nd generation but my Liquid Platinum hasn't quite finished burn-in yet. I will try when I get a chance.
Thanks. I am anxious to hear our you impressions compare with mine. I have over a 100 hours in on my LP and my T-1s are about 2 years old. With the new Corpse Gravedigger balanced cable I got today, there is a "heavenly choir."

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #824 of 5,150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back