Monoprice M1060 travel case
Jul 18, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #5 of 5
So I've been experimenting with several different solutions. One is a Pistol Gun Case and another is a Craft Project Case.

The Pistol case is a big enough to fit the headphones and my portable DAC/AMP (Oppo HA-2) with room to spar. It's still pretty big, but it is technically smaller than the OEM case. You do have to trim the foam for the earcups to fit in. Otherwise you end up compressing the pads. I did a crappy job when I did it. You can definitely do it and have a better/nicer job than I did. I messed up by trying to glue some of the extra foam I was cutting out to make a wall to separate the cups so they didn't rub against each other, but used the wrong type of glue.

The Craft Project Case is almost perfect for just the headphones/cables. I am currently using some cheap closed cell foam from a camping pad you can get from Walmart for $7-$8 that I am cutting out to pad the headphones inside the case with. I'll post pictures of both when I am done tweaking them.

Alternatively if you don't wan't to modify or tweak with something, The new Slappa headphone case supposedly fits the M1060s. at least according to the QA section on the amazon page.

The reason I went the DIY route is because all the headphone cases for the large headphones seem to orient the headphone in the default headphone position, but many of them (like the M1060 and HiFiMAN) can be made to lay flat. This allows them to be less bulky/more streamlined in a case. Like I said before the Pistol case isn't that much smaller length and width wise, but it lays much flatter. And the Craft Project Case is flat and has smaller dimensions. However, both require you to mess with the inside padding/insert padding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back