Monoprice - good company?
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 6
I've heard from a few people that the M1080 (I think that's the name) goes toe to toe with the Audeze line. That sounds pretty good to me!

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 6
M560 or M565?
they are better than HIFIMAN?

two of them are Over Ear?
easy to drive? which dac?

HE400S didnt need any dac..

I've heard from a few people that the M1080 (I think that's the name) goes toe to toe with the Audeze line. That sounds pretty good to me!

Never had any chance to listen to M560/565. Although I did listen to M1060 and I would not say that it's lcd competitor but not sure about the sine.

Yup both of them over ear and fairly easy to drive. But, they do improve with amp. I am not sure about the pairing but Mojo drives the M1060 well and I am sure it goes the same for both M560/565. I never had the chance to listen to HE400i and M1060 at the same session but I love the M1060 more due to its imaging and bass.

Oct 20, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 6
Having now owned the M1060's for more than 6 months, I can say with confidence that they are a top pick and recommendation. They aren't fatiguing to listen to for long periods of time, they are relatively comfortable and they sound phenomenal... Some might even say they are "fun" sounding headphones. A very worthwhile investment for just $300. I have owned many Monoprice headphones and iems throughout the years, and I must say that the M1060's are their best performers to date.

I have a set of LCD2's on the way from Audeze right now (warranty work) and I can let you know how they compare if anyone else is interested.

Feb 5, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 6
Having now owned the M1060's for more than 6 months, I can say with confidence that they are a top pick and recommendation. They aren't fatiguing to listen to for long periods of time, they are relatively comfortable and they sound phenomenal... Some might even say they are "fun" sounding headphones. A very worthwhile investment for just $300. I have owned many Monoprice headphones and iems throughout the years, and I must say that the M1060's are their best performers to date.

I have a set of LCD2's on the way from Audeze right now (warranty work) and I can let you know how they compare if anyone else is interested.

Hey there I'm pondering on buying a planar from monoprice, how did it compare the LCD 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back