Monoprice Gaming headphones
Dec 5, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #16 of 22
I did try out the amp with my Noontec Zoros (to kind of reduce the bass boominess of the included headset).  I do think this is worth the asking price for the complete package you get.

One nice feature: you can control the game volume and the chat volume from the inline controller easily, which I think the cheaper.

Again, after a bit more testing this week (including more rigorous testing this weekend) I'll report back.  I plan to try out the amp w/ the following HPs (only ones I have):

Monoprice Headset (included)
Panasonic HTF-RP600
Noontec Zoro
JVC HA-S500
V-Moda M-80

I'll let you know impressions later in the week.

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #17 of 22
If you have reports on this headset, that would be awesome! Also what adapters would be needed if I play xbox on HDMI?

I'm about to buy a mixamp (2013 astro) but it seems they are having issues, so I'm skeptical 

Dec 24, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 22
Okay - just got them in the mail today.  Two words:  Completely satisfied.  As far as I can tell, they sound even better than the top-tier Turtle Beach headphones which I listened to at the Turtle Beach display at Walmart recently.  For those of you already somewhat familiar with some monoprice headphones, I think these are a large step-up from their "Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style" headphones, which were the headphones I had previously considered the best pair that Monoprice produced.  They rattle my head listening to my bass-testing album (Techmaster P.E.B. "It Came From Outer Bass") much more than I expected.  The mids and high are satisfactory - definately good enough - but don't be expecting a mind-blowing crystal clear sounds in this regard.  I haven't been able to test the decoder very well yet, but these are just my initial impression of the headphones themselves.  (Oh, and BTW, I've used them to make 3 or 4 calls on my cell phone already, and it works great.)

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #20 of 22
I'm a pretty big audio tech noob so i was hoping someone in the tread can answer my question. I'm trying to get some headphones so I can watch TV or play console games without disturbing my family late at night. My TV (LG 47LS4600) only has a Digital Audio Out Optical (I believe it's a Toslink) and I was wondering if I could use these headphones with the TV.

The pics in the instruction manual seem to indicate that only RCA output from my TV would work but I was hoping that the decoder would make it so I can use the Digital Audio Out on my TV with these.

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #22 of 22
are the headphones any good for music? I've been looking for a good pair of headphones for music and gaming. I was gonna get the CAL!s but I couldn't figure out a way to use them to get game and chat sound through my xbox as well as use a microphone. I figured if these headphones sounded good I could knock out two birds with one stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back