MonoPrice Appreciation Thread!
Jun 19, 2007 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ex0du5

500+ Head-Fier
Monoprice has some absolutely fantastic stuff, for peanuts! I swear this $6 TOSLink cable has a better build quality than a $200 Monster one.

I'm ordering a pair of their shielded RCA interconnects. Can't wait to see how the build quality is, and how well they work out.

C'mon, I know there are some other MonoPrice lovers out there!

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 21
oh good god i love monoprice, i will be ordering a 20 ft hdmi to dvi cable there soon

Jun 19, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 21
I ordered a 3ft HDMI->HDMI cable as well as a 10ft DVI->HDMI cable from them recently, for my new HDTV. The prices were too good to pass up.

They are VERY solid. Seriously the thickest cables I've ever used. If they have any problems it'd be that they're almost TOO thick and rigid, but they're fine for me.

The connectors are very nice also and overall feel well-made. Couldn't be happier.

Jun 19, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 21
love em to death; no gimicks, no flash, just simple, good solid prices, on good simple stuff; i got a bundles of usb2 cables from them awhile back for a buck each; deal of the day is worth watching

Jun 21, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 21
I needed an HDMI switch at one time so I I could connect two devices to one TV. I believe the local Best Buy was charging about $140 for it; MonoPrice has it for $18.47.

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #9 of 21
I am currntly using a $70 Monster coaxial cable from amp to cd player. It is really good. Does anyone know if a MonoPrice cable would be better sound quality? If so, which model should I get? Thanks.

Jul 14, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 21
No frills, no gimmicks, and low price. Monoprice all the way.
cool.gif

Jul 15, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GANESHA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am currntly using a $70 Monster coaxial cable from amp to cd player. It is really good. Does anyone know if a MonoPrice cable would be better sound quality? If so, which model should I get? Thanks.

Can you afford a bluejeans cable (not available on monoprice)? That would definitely beat a monster cable.

Jul 16, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GANESHA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It won't sound better, and it won't sound any worse. But, the monoprice cable will save you a ton of money.

Jul 16, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #13 of 21
I've always wondered... How do Monoprice's stereo RCA cables compare to other inexpensive cables like budget Acoustic Research, Monster, Steren (ex. Python), etc.? Also, how do they compare with more expensive cables?

Has anyone done any broad spectrum sweeps or capacitance checks?
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #14 of 21
I just got my Optical Toslink Cable and Mini Adaptor! Quick shipping, very well made, and very well priced. I definitely recommend Monoprice.com.

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #15 of 21
I have to let you guys know my experience. Last month I bought a box of component and HDMI cables from Monoprice.com, but I had to wait till the end of the month to set up my TV system. After it was done, I got many cables left unpacked. I felt it is a stupid idea to keep them so I called Monoprice to check if I could take benifit of the 21 days money back. To my surprise, they gave me a RMA number and let me send the cables back. Two days after I sent out the package, I got a notice from Paypal said they refunded my money. I really did not expect it could be so easy. I just placed another order last week from them. I highly recommend this website for your video and computer cable needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back