Monoprice 9927 in ear alternative
Mar 8, 2018 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Vestat

Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

I spent my last week struggling to find a proper alternative to my beloved monoprice in ear super bass 14mm driver units. I think they don't need any introduction.
I just bought the new xiaomi hybrid pro hd but I am definitely not satisfied with them.
Compared to my monoprice, their build quality is just sufficient, the bass sound has a big limit and they are not staying in place when walking.
I have to say that I am looking for a replacement to my monoprice primarily because of their bad fit.. I definitely love the sound, the soundstage, the bass frequencies and the overall sound quality. Every time I manage them to fit my ears with good isolation, I just start smiling because of the immersive sound they provide and the huge power they deliver to my body. I just feel I am in front of a 10.000 watts speaker.

Useless to say, the xiaomi don't get even close to this feeling. bass i snice, mids are ok, highs are sparkling and with details.. but rising up a bit the volume, the bass is disappearing, the mids are still ok, and the highs just crack my ears like nails on a blackboard. I can guarantee they are genuine xiaomi as long as i bought them on amazon and the package and quality goes along the descriptions found on the web.

Considering these things, I guess I am kind of basshead with the love for wide immersive soundstage.

So, my question is:

Is there any alternative to the monoprice that can deliver same or superior sound quality (according to my favorite sound signature) but can better fit and isolate my ear? My max budget is around 30-50 bucks, I know is not too much but should be ok considering I don't need any professional top level monitors.

My personal wishlist at the moment is:
- JVC - HAF1X1: not sure about how they fit for walking.. looks like they sound good for the price.
- KZ - zs6: not sure about the fit and are reported not exactly like basshead oriented.
- Monoprice MP80 - a bit expensive.. probably can find something better for the price..
- Rock Zircon - not sure about the bass but are reported as some of the best wide immersive sound

I am for sure open to any kind of suggestion also not included in this tiny list of options.. I just want to keep that smile on my face but with better comfort!!

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Vestat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back