Monoprice 8323 Modding
Mar 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #16 of 26
Would someone who owns a pair of these let me know if the driver assembly can be removed from the gimbals, and if so what is the measurement of the gimbals.  I'm interested to see if I can put a set of Grado drives into the headband/gimbals assembly of the monoprice 8323.

You can post here or PM me with the information

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #17 of 26
  Would someone who owns a pair of these let me know if the driver assembly can be removed from the gimbals, and if so what is the measurement of the gimbals.  I'm interested to see if I can put a set of Grado drives into the headband/gimbals assembly of the monoprice 8323.

You can post here or PM me with the information

Seriously, not one person is willing to respond - and here I thought this was a community

Richard Burke

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #18 of 26
I wouldn't say the lack of response is truly a lack of community...

I own a pair of these headphones but I am unwilling to disassemble them to satisfy your curiosity, as they are currently my only headphones.

Sorry.

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #20 of 26
 Does anyone know what grease these headphones have on the pivot balls???  Mine are a bit dry and I want to stick something in there to smooth it out....

This. Mine are getting increasingly creaky. Whenever I move my head or jaw there are several creaks from the pivot point in the headphone. I've been searching for any solutions to this as I really like these things but the creaking is really getting to me. Any recommendations?

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #21 of 26
  This. Mine are getting increasingly creaky. Whenever I move my head or jaw there are several creaks from the pivot point in the headphone. I've been searching for any solutions to this as I really like these things but the creaking is really getting to me. Any recommendations?

I use a pair of these at work and have the same issue. Putting them on you hear the plastic cracking. I figure they will probably just snap one day but what are you really expecting from the $17 headphones..

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #22 of 26
No problems here.... again I've only have them for half a year though...  I'm going to reply in Armagaeus's thread about the exact steps I used to get the absolute best out of these headphones. The final product has better clarity/soundstage/overall comfort than anything you can buy under $100. And believe me, I've spent months looking.

Sorry about my leave of absence @R_burke . I've been quite busy. the Monoprice's drivers goes through the headband as well, so taking them apart would be quite tricky. My final mod doesn't allow me to take them anymore, so I can't really answer your question. Sorry 
frown.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #23 of 26
Anyone have any suggestions for getting the "squeaking" noise the cord makes where the cord enters the can to quiet down? That's about the only issue I'm having with these.

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #24 of 26
I think a very small amount of most any light lube that would not attack the plastic would be OK.A dielectric grease would not affect the connection.

I had mine a week and am very impressed. Against my Q701s that cost me about 5X the price, there is little competition. But just looking at the price point, they are certainly the king when it comes to Value! The sound is lacking some clarity, you can use an equalizer to trim it your preference, or not. I took some of the very light foam material like they pack in the cardboard jewelry boxes (similar to polyfill), and put about 1/2" thickness and trimmed it to fit the cavity of each earpiece. I think it seemed to even out the response a bit, that's totally subjective, but it certainly did not hurt the sound quality.. I've ordered the DT250 velour pads. Holding off on the headband fix for now, does not really bother me much.
Also ordered a Monoprice 6' audio cable to replace the shorter skinny one. For a total investment of about $27 for mods. I think it is worth it since I am starting out with nice sounding cans to begin with.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #25 of 26
This is just speculation, but I think t50rp modding might translate well to these in terms of back wave damping or some mass loading. Cheap thin plastic causes all sorts of acustical problems

I haven't heard these, Im going to order some soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back