Monoprice 8320 has been updated!
Jan 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:
Nice upgrade. Was tired of looking like I had #swag in my ears every time I wore the 8320 out in public.

Heh. 'swag'. 
It's such a 'strange' concept..

People say it has something to do with looks, when it really only has something to do about personality, and personality towards certain products.

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #21 of 35
These look a lot nicer than the old silver design. I might purchase a pair now that I can wear them outside without attracting the gaze of everyone around me for unsavoury reasons.

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #22 of 35
I received mine today. I got to admit, I was shocked by the quality of these. They're pretty well made and the quality of the material feels good, that hardened-soft rubber type. Sound wise, initially straight out of the box, they sounded really narrow. The lows and sub extension is awesome. Mids are somewhat forward and highs are prevalent but not sparkly. I only tested a few songs then right away plugged them into my e17 for burning. But for $10 or how ever much it was, I'm very impressed so far; especially for that kind of price

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:
I received mine today. I got to admit, I was shocked by the quality of these. They're pretty well made and the quality of the material feels good, that hardened-soft rubber type. Sound wise, initially straight out of the box, they sounded really narrow. The lows and sub extension is awesome. Mids are somewhat forward and highs are prevalent but not sparkly. I only tested a few songs then right away plugged them into my e17 for burning. But for $10 or how ever much it was, I'm very impressed so far; especially for that kind of price

Did you buy the new black pair? And was it from Monoprice direct? I don't think Amazon has these yet.

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #25 of 35
Wow - I am like 20 miles away from where they ship!! The last impediment has been washed away - I haven't tried the 8320 yet - is the sound on the 9927 the same??

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #26 of 35
Uh - oh....

This announcement is on the Monoprice website

Note: For best results these earphones should be broken in by playing pink noise through them for about 24 hours. The difference in sound quality before and after the pink noise break-in period can be quite dramatic.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:
Uh - oh....

This announcement is on the Monoprice website

Note: For best results these earphones should be broken in by playing pink noise through them for about 24 hours. The difference in sound quality before and after the pink noise break-in period can be quite dramatic.

Huh.
How loud should pink noise be when breaking in?

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Huh.
How loud should pink noise be when breaking in?

There are a number of schools of thought - Most sites recommend 60% volume - or just above comfortable listening volume. Some say crank the bass and get those drivers dancing!

May 17, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #29 of 35
Interesting...I wonder if there has been any changes to the internal drivers?  I bought these a few months back ago when they were listed as the 8320 in black.  Just be sure to burn them in for a while...100+ hrs.  They sounded mediocre initially so I burned them in and put them away for awhile.  Recently opened them back up and burned in more and played through my amp.  So much better.  Opened up nicely....tight bass.  Mids are sweet...the highs are okay.  Depending on the recording certain intricate sounds and instruments are recessed a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back