Monoprice 8" studio monitors for $180, 10-inch powered subwoofer for $198, free shipping, plus additional 25% savings with promo code
Jul 14, 2016 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

FrostyMMB

500+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to share this spectacular deal. I recently purchased both of these for a second room system, and I'm really impressed with them. At these prices, you really cannot go wrong.

Monoprice has their excellent 8" 120W powered studio monitors on sale this week (until 7/17/16) for $179.99 per pair with free shipping. Usual price is $254.84 per pair plus ~$25 shipping, so this is a savings of approximately $100. These are reported to be based off of the M-Audio BX8 that sell for $480 or more per pair. The bang-for-buck here is outstanding as these studio monitors sound superb. I also have a pair of Eve Audio SC207 active studio monitors, and I am very impressed with the performance and value of these Monoprice monitors.

Also on sale is their accompanying 10" 200W powered studio subwoofer for $197.99 with free shipping. Usual price is $219.99 plus ~$20 shipping, so this is a savings of approximately $43. This sub appears to be based off of the Mackie MR10S that sells for $300. Pairs well with either the 5" or 8" powered studio monitors to fill in down to around 30Hz.

For even more savings, use promo code: PROJECT for an additional 25% off orders of $300 - $1000. Add both the studio monitors and the sub to your cart for an additional $94.50 of savings on the two items, bringing the total cost of the pair of 8" monitors and 10" subwoofer to $283.48 with free shipping. This is a steal for a 2.1 system!

Do note that as with other powered studio monitors, volume control is on the rear as they are intended to be used with an audio interface (such as the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2), a DAC that allows volume control from the DAC itself or from the playback device, or a passive preamplifier with volume attenuator (such as the Schitt Sys). A DAC or audio interface is highly recommended from a performance standpoint as well. Various adapter cables converting 1/8" stereo, 1/4" stereo, or RCA stereo to XLR or TS/TRS can be used to connect these to various sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back