Monolith M1570C (and M1070C) - Closed Back Planar Headphones
Jun 25, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #151 of 207
Jun 25, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #152 of 207
I often find myself at odds with some of his conclusions, but on this one, I agree for the most part. I don't use mine much because of the lackluster frequency response, which I find bass shy and thin-sounding. I might have to try these with my Zen Can and bass boost. :thinking:
I think m1570c is pretty capable technically, it's just lacking good tonality. Good to have proper frequency response measurements available, they can be uploaded to AutoEq and used with wavelet and such apps.

Jun 25, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #153 of 207
I think m1570c is pretty capable technically, it's just lacking good tonality. Good to have proper frequency response measurements available, they can be uploaded to AutoEq and used with wavelet and such apps.
I get lost with EQ. Usually, I'm on macOS with my over-ears so I believe my ability to use those kinds of apps is limited.

Jun 25, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #154 of 207
I get lost with EQ. Usually, I'm on macOS with my over-ears so I believe my ability to use those kinds of apps is limited.
You can find list of relevant apps for macos here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ows-linux-macos-ios-ipados-and-android.18450/

Cool part about AutoEq, it spits out a file with peq settings based on the headphone to adjust its frequency response to Harman target. File is uploaded to the app if your choice where a preset is generated. You don't need to fiddle with individual eq settings if you choose not to. Some apps like wavelet and qudelix have a bunch of these headphone presets available already.

Jun 26, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #155 of 207
I pretty much listened to mine once and hung it up until Oratory makes an EQ for this headphone. I remember the M1570-Open sounding a bit wonky off the rack and then Oratory improved it astronomically with his EQ. When I first got the M1570C, I heard a lot of the same off-the-rack wonkiness that the Open had, so I'm hoping Oratory can work his magic again soon. I keep asking on his subreddit if anyone's arranged to send him an M1570C and if not I'd be willing to send him mine, but he's never responded, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I recently picked up a Liquid Gold amp that was on sale (open box) recently for a wild price, and am currently awaiting a balanced M1570 cable to arrive from China. So yeah, between waiting for an Oratory EQ and a balanced cable, I haven't done much listening on this headphone yet.
I messaged u/oratory1990 on reddit and he's open to receiving and testing a pair:

I'm in Vienna, Austria.
Shipping from the US to Austria takes a few days, around a week usually. Sometimes longer.
It takes me 1-3 weeks to measure the headphone, depending on the current workload.

The process is:
- You ship them
- I measure them
- I show you the results, maybe do additional measurements if there's something specific you want to home in on
- then I ship them back, you can reimburse the shipping costs via PayPal

Let me know if you want to ship them.

I'm not in a great position right now to ship to him, but I hope someone else sends their cans to him. It would be a huge benefit to all of us.

Jun 26, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #156 of 207
I guess I'll try again but reach out directly.

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #158 of 207
If you end up sending in your kit, mind asking for profiles for both the pleather and velour pads? I'm not sure if the measuring equipment takes pads into account, but there's definitely an audible difference to me.
Yeah, for sure. He did separate profiles for both pads on the open one, I intend to supply him with both pads for this one as well

Jul 7, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #159 of 207
Yeah, for sure. He did separate profiles for both pads on the open one, I intend to supply him with both pads for this one as well
I had to send my M1570C back (arrived with some damage). Would be a nice surprise if by the time I finally get my replacements, there's an EQ preset ready! :gs1000smile:

Jul 14, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #161 of 207
Just got my M1570C back. Any news from Oratory?
Still coordinating with him. Should be sending them his way soon

Jul 14, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #163 of 207
Jul 15, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #165 of 207

Users who are viewing this thread

Back