Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Jul 10, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #136 of 1,015
There is a discount on UK's amazon today, 464 quid for M1570 with a balanced cable.
My daily driver is M1060c open mod. Do you think will it be worth the upgrade?

Sep 27, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #143 of 1,015
Did anyone notice a change of sound after burn in with the 1570? I haven’t used mine much, but want to know if I should let them play for a day or 2

I can’t comment on burn-in but they’ve become my favorite pair of headphones I own and get by far the most head time. I sent mine out to be measured and have an EQ profile created. With the velour pads and this EQ profile (Link) these really are giant killer. He made a profile for the leather pads as well (Link) but I prefer the comfort of the velour pads and they sound so amazing with them that I haven’t been tempted to put the leathers back on.

Oct 3, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #144 of 1,015
Hi good people, would anyone happen to have the correct pinout for the m1570 cable, I'm guessing that the mini 4 pin xlr is the same as the audeze but just want to be sure.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #145 of 1,015
Hi good people, would anyone happen to have the correct pinout for the m1070 cable, I'm guessing that the mini 4 pin xlr is the same as the audeze but just want to be sure.

Thank you in advance

M1070 or M1570? The 1070 doesn’t use mini-XLRs. The pin out on the 1570 is not the same as Audeze. Monoprice has a link on their website.

Oct 5, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #148 of 1,015
Hi, ordered a set of these as they were on sale for 432€ on monoprice.eu .

I've got a balanced cable for Audeze mini-xlr hp's that I haven't been using since I sold my LCD2CCB and from what I understand it is possible to modify this cable's wire/pin connections to use with the M1570.

However, I've also been wondering if it is possible to modify the wirings/connectors on the headphones so that they would be usable with regularly pinned Audeze/ZMF type mini-xlr cables. Would this be possible by re-wiring the headphones' connectors, or by replacing the connectors entirely? Are they hard to remove?

Oct 23, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #149 of 1,015
Hi, ordered a set of these as they were on sale for 432€ on monoprice.eu .

I've got a balanced cable for Audeze mini-xlr hp's that I haven't been using since I sold my LCD2CCB and from what I understand it is possible to modify this cable's wire/pin connections to use with the M1570.

However, I've also been wondering if it is possible to modify the wirings/connectors on the headphones so that they would be usable with regularly pinned Audeze/ZMF type mini-xlr cables. Would this be possible by re-wiring the headphones' connectors, or by replacing the connectors entirely? Are they hard to remove?
AFAIK, planar drivers are really friendly with wiring modifications. They have this little thingy poking out for wires so you don't need wo worry as much as you would with dynamic drivers. I don't know whether you can over heat the drivers tho, you can ask Torac Audio as they make planar drivers themselves. Monoprice has pinouts which they just swapped pin 2 and 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back