Monolith M1570 Over Ear Open Back Balanced Planar Headphones
Jan 6, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #76 of 1,015
Change name from head-fi to cable-fi!

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #77 of 1,015

Ha ha check the start! I just got shafted by Monoprice these guys suck!!!!! 700g is crazy and to not make the xlr universal shows how idiotic their R&D is.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #78 of 1,015
Monoprice-Monolith-M1070-headphones-SoundGuys-IFA-award-2-1200x675.jpg

IFA best headphones of 2019. You know what this mean don't you?
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

The shill is strong here!

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #80 of 1,015
You just shilled for Audeze in the other Monoprice thread and you don't even seem to own one. Talk about projection!

I guess they could think it looked interesting but an award...come on. Yes a used LCD2 on ebay and you can interchange cables with ZMF. They dont even have a balanced cable ready for either one and gimped the pin out. The lambskin pads are nice but the velours look like a bargain bucket $3 pad from alibaba not to mention 700g's with no suspension strap is also lunacy.

EDIT: I am not even that huge of an Audeze fan but they didn't shout down the Monolith guy for nothing at a show.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #81 of 1,015
I guess they could think it looked interesting but an award...come on. Yes a used LCD2 on ebay and you can interchange cables with ZMF. They dont even have a balanced cable ready for either one and gimped the pin out. The lambskin pads are nice but the velours look like a bargain bucket $3 pad from alibaba not to mention 700g's with no suspension strap is also lunacy.

EDIT: I am not even that huge of an Audeze fan but they didn't shout down the Monolith guy for nothing at a show.

If Audeze had to shout down Monoprice in such an unprofessional manner, then clearly Monoprice is doing something right and they are scared.

You are also complaining about the 1570, not the 1070 in the picture. Balanced cables for the 1070 are readily available. The 1070 is also lighter and does not weigh 700g.

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #82 of 1,015
If Audeze had to shout down Monoprice in such an unprofessional manner, then clearly Monoprice is doing something right and they are scared.

You are also complaining about the 1570, not the 1070 in the picture. Balanced cables for the 1070 are readily available. The 1070 is also lighter and does not weigh 700g.

It was pictured here and yea I am complaining and it's obvious they don't care about there customers (personal experience) and are just sharting out units from a parts bin. It is what it is a big planar clone with little to no R&D and I think it might be more to do with copying a driver design instead of making their own.

If the m1070 was same as the m1060 price then yea i'd say it a good deal. The 1570 somehow equates a different grill and XLR connectors to a $200 price hike. It's the exact same driver so the 1570 is kind of a waste fo space. At least with the m1070 you might be able to use other cables.

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #84 of 1,015
It was pictured here and yea I am complaining and it's obvious they don't care about there customers (personal experience) and are just sharting out units from a parts bin. It is what it is a big planar clone with little to no R&D and I think it might be more to do with copying a driver design instead of making their own.

If the m1070 was same as the m1060 price then yea i'd say it a good deal. The 1570 somehow equates a different grill and XLR connectors to a $200 price hike. It's the exact same driver so the 1570 is kind of a waste fo space. At least with the m1070 you might be able to use other cables.

I've had nothing but good experiences with them customer service wise. They replaced my m1060c that I accidentally snagged the cable of on my chair, slammed it into the ground and badly damaged one of the 2.5mm connectors. My fault, but they replaced the entire unit on their dime.

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #85 of 1,015
I've had nothing but good experiences with them customer service wise. They replaced my m1060c that I accidentally snagged the cable of on my chair, slammed it into the ground and badly damaged one of the 2.5mm connectors. My fault, but they replaced the entire unit on their dime.

They had a clearance m1060c listing and I waited for them to show up as it was TBD. When they did I bought two and only after I asked them about tracking 3 or 4 days later they cancelled saying items wasn't in stock even though it's there on the website in stock.
One of the units was to go to a relative for his birthday this week and that's possibly ruined. I'll pick him up something on Amazon but it won't be as nice and might get it here for Thursday.

I just wanted them to honor the sale but that was too much for them.

I think the 1070 is the better deal as it's lighter, cheaper,supposedly has more detail and you can run it balanced with a hifiman or similar cable.

IMO a 1070c would have been better but then its down to if the team behind and if they know to tune.

1570 should have had the same pin layout as the other two pillars, ZMF and Audeze .
Had a proper suspension strap, XLR cable and that would have indeed justified the price difference.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #86 of 1,015
They had a clearance m1060c listing and I waited for them to show up as it was TBD. When they did I bought two and only after I asked them about tracking 3 or 4 days later they cancelled saying items wasn't in stock even though it's there on the website in stock.
One of the units was to go to a relative for his birthday this week and that's possibly ruined. I'll pick him up something on Amazon but it won't be as nice and might get it here for Thursday.

I think the 1070 is the better deal as it's lighter, cheaper,supposedly has more detail and you can run it balanced with a hifiman or similar cable.

IMO a 1070c would have been better but then its down to if the team behind and if they know to tune.

1570 should have had the same pin layout as the other two pillars, ZMF and Audeze .
Had a proper suspension strap, XLR cable and that would have indeed justified the price difference.

I ended up returning my pair, I was annoyed with the lack of a cable and the headband being a bit loose. I decided that If I could get a used LCD2(which is very similar sound wise) for 500 Ish dollars with a balanced cable and without a need to replace the headband that would be the better way to go.

Jan 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #87 of 1,015

I just wanted them to honor the sale but that was too much for them.

Ah, doubt they had a lot of stock if it was anything like that $90 monolith portable amp that got listed a week ago or so. The m1570 is definitely something to wait for a v2 of imo. They did it for m1060 when it originally came with mmcx connectors, m1060c is basically a v3. If it isn't popular there will probably be a massive price drop eventually.

Jan 21, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #88 of 1,015
I ended up returning my pair, I was annoyed with the lack of a cable and the headband being a bit loose. I decided that If I could get a used LCD2(which is very similar sound wise) for 500 Ish dollars with a balanced cable and without a need to replace the headband that would be the better way to go.
I've seen this loose headband complaint on both new monolith models. Is it really that much worse than the identical-looking Elear/Elex headband? I quite like the fit of my Elear.

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #89 of 1,015
I've seen this loose headband complaint on both new monolith models. Is it really that much worse than the identical-looking Elear/Elex headband? I quite like the fit of my Elear.

For me on the m1070 it's terrible. I've swapped for a hifiman he560 v2 headband and it solved the issue.

Jan 21, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #90 of 1,015
For me on the m1070 it's terrible. I've swapped for a hifiman he560 v2 headband and it solved the issue.

I don't get how a $400 headphone can still have headband issues, that means the 1570 is like wearing an anvil! instead of copying focal they should have made a proper suspension strap!

FAIL SOULESS MONOPRICE!

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back