Monolith Liquid Spark and Hifiman Sundara
Dec 7, 2021 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

moorashj

100+ Head-Fier
I am hoping that someone out there has an opinion on these two being paired together. I can get a liquid spark for a pretty good price and wondering if sundara could benefit from the spark.
Thanks all
Jason

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 10
What's your current amp setup?

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 10
i was thinking of running this through my dx300...i know I would need some extra cords..i also was thinking about using this with my smsl sa300
I don't think the LS would be an upgrade over the DX300. It would pair fine, but it would almost certainly be a downgrade, whether you're talking the Liquid Spark amp or DAC.

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 10
I don't think the LS would be an upgrade over the DX300. It would pair fine, but it would almost certainly be a downgrade, whether you're talking the Liquid Spark amp or DAC.
that is what i was afraid of...i really like the ifi micro dsd signature but afraid I would blow my brains out with all that power...LOL. plus it isn't the cheapest...there are so many choices out there it gets a bit overwhelming...thanks for your response.

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #6 of 10
that is what i was afraid of...i really like the ifi micro dsd signature but afraid I would blow my brains out with all that power...LOL. plus it isn't the cheapest...there are so many choices out there it gets a bit overwhelming...thanks for your response.
What specifically are you looking to get out of your setup that the iBasso doesn't provide?

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 10
What specifically are you looking to get out of your setup that the iBasso doesn't provide?
i guess i was looking for a bit more soundstage..i dont think I need volume...maybe I dont even really need one LOL...amp that is. I am still kinda new to all of this stuff....

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #8 of 10
i guess i was looking for a bit more soundstage..i dont think I need volume...maybe I dont even really need one LOL...amp that is. I am still kinda new to all of this stuff....
The dx300 is a beast of a DAP. Desktop amps that kick it up a notch from that will probably start at least at the $200 mark. You might try out something like a Schiit Magnius ($199) or a Monoprice THX 887 (currently $249, down from normally $399) using balanced outputs, see if that scratches the itch. Both have a balanced XLR output and put out more power, and planars like power even if you're not struggling with volume.

Alternatively, you could upgrade the dx300 with the AMP 12 module; supposedly it opens up the soundstage a lot from the stock one. You'll need to get a 4.4mm balanced cable for the Sundaras, but that may give you the sound you're looking for without adding another gadget to your desktop.

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 10
I think i might look into the amp 12 module...it would be nice to keep things to a minimum...i appreciate all of your assistance.
J
Good luck and if you are willing I’d love to hear your thoughts on whatever you decide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back