Monolith 1gb flash player
Feb 10, 2005 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

datek

New Head-Fier
I didn't find any info about this player on head-fi, does anyone have it? They're blaring about it's Wolfson sigma delta 24-bit dac and how it is the best portable sound there is.

In terms of sound quality, could this player be compared to Chaintech AV710, which probably (?) has the same chip? My AV710 sound a lot better than my Iriver IFP500 flash player, so i'm thinking about buying this beast..

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...roducts_id=430

Jarkko

Apr 14, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 4
I am also thinking of getting one. I bought the EZAV 400 but it had some issues so I am looking for something else. The IAudio my friend had sounded good but the Monolith looks and sounds to be nice too. Any input would be great.

Apr 14, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 4
i was very interested in the monolith 7010 so i ordered one of ebay. Unfortunately it was only the 256mb version. it costs about 75 british pounds or $180cnd. From what i've read is the sound quality is pretty good, but the UI sucks, along with the reliablity. The feature set is very appealing and it looks very nice. it guess it was a blessing in disguise that there were shipping complications that resulted in a full refund. I'm getting the shuffle 1 gig for the same price.

all in all, if you need to be different i'd say go for the monolith, otherwise there are probably better options out there.

Apr 14, 2005 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 4
I had the 512mb version of the 7010 , it had the best line in encoding i have heard on a flash player, the sound quality is on a par with my h320 and it is rock solid.The ui is easy to get and it has a decent fm reception.
In short nearly perfect - the one downer is the play button is in the centre on a ff/rr slider - you do get used to ith though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back