Monitor Knob Component Repair
Mar 26, 2013 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SMOR3S

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not...

First off I am using Behringer MS20 Monitors

I was at a show, performing a few days ago. I had my laptop, and monitors, back stage, working on some music, and my gear was setup, on top of a huge cable bin/box... I went to move the bin over a bit, to get it closer to the wall, cause the plug had a lot of tension, and the wire some how got caught, and pulled the right monitor off... Which is the one, with the power unit inside... I didn't know the monitor was damaged, until I got back to my hotel room, and I noticed the Line 2 Knob, was pushed in, so I took a swiss army knife, and pulled the knob back out... Fortunately the actual monitor isn't ruined, because Line 1, which is 1/8" out, works, but the RCA out, which is Line 2, works, but I get a really staticy, crackly, distortion, cutting audio sound, when I play any audio... I am pretty sure, when the knob pushed in, that it ripped some sort of component, connecting the knob, to the actual monitor board... I am sure this isn't a really expensive replacement, cause one of the guys @ the show said, I just needed to solder back on the component that got ripped...

Thanks, 

hope someone can give me some guidance, on what component, I need to purchase....

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 3
Post some really clear, close up pictures of the damaged area...I hope you didnt tear off any board traces...Not fatal, its just a PITA to fix...Good luck.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Post some really clear, close up pictures of the damaged area...I hope you didnt tear off any board traces...Not fatal, its just a PITA to fix...Good luck.

Okay, I'll try and get some pictures, here in the next few days, cause I lost my phone battery, otw back from NY, so I won't have a new one till like Friday :/

But to sum up my issue, I get sound from Line 1 (which is 1/8" out), and Line 2 (Which is RCA out) but Line 2 cracks, pops, and makes weird distortion sounds, so I presume something is torn inside, where the knob got pushed in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back