Money CLip suggestions?
May 17, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #5 of 13
or CRKT K.I.S.S. in the dark - knife / money clip
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #6 of 13
Money clip = ghey. Get a business card holder and use it to hold your debit card, credit card, license, and some moneys folded in half.

Problem with a money clip is people use it to be minimalists, but in a short time, it ends up being fat from it clipping everything. Business card holder, you won't be able to close it...it'll help KEEP you minimal.

May 17, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried of using fat wallets, I looked around for some money clips, cant find anything I like. Any suggestions

50 or less in price
thanks

$50 or less in price is hard. If you can affort a little more, I found a potential way to reduce the thickness of my wallet quickly, with this

May 17, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 13
Those are nice but I rarely have cash long enough to need a clip. I was told long ago that "Money is like bullsh#t, it's no good unless you spread it around."
tongue.gif

May 17, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried of using fat wallets, I looked around for some money clips, cant find anything I like. Any suggestions

50 or less in price
thanks

Roll it up and get a heavy duty rubberband
icon10.gif

Once again, another useless contribution by me. I guess I would recommend a front-pocket wallet with built-in money clip. You could get a thin wallet that just has one pocket for cards and a clip on back. You can browse Fossil's website for some ideas if you'd like. Better yet if they have a retail or outlet near you. My current Fossil leather wallet has gone strong for 5 years now. Finally starting to really show the wear and tear, but has lasted longer than I expected for $15.

May 17, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 13
Spyderco Cricket:

C29_M.jpg

Nice lines, great for utility cutting purposes, sharp as a scalpel, doesn't look scary to 'sheeple' or non-knife people. A very beautiful and practical little knife that works great as a money clip. You could even have one customized with exotic stone inlays, or you could have it engraved for even further 'bling' if that's your thing. Obviusly the customizing is going to run you quite a bit more than $50.

Just don't forget to leave it at home if you go on travel and need to fly. Conversely, you could pack it in your checked-in luggage.

Here are but a few examples of the customization available:

29gldprl.jpg

HPIM4464LG.jpg

11_1.JPG

a3_1.JPG

058e_1.JPG

May 19, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 13
Having given up the back pocket bulge a few years back, I started with a new wallet strategy. I cheat and use two wallets.

In my front pocket, I use a this wallet:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Design-Go-Ni.../dp/B000MT1RH4

It's slim, has a small slit for a credit/debit card and an ID.
It comfortably hold a few bills, and adds no bulge to the pocket. Yes, you could stuff more into it, but the point is to travel light.

In my rear pocket, I use the "magic wallet" (check your local infomercials or google) for insurance cards, membership cards, etc. The backpocket wallet isn't a requirement to life, only when I need it. It actually makes things a lot easier, and there is much less to dig through when I need something.

I got away from back-pocket-bulge a few years back when I decided to sort thorugh my wallet and realized how much wasted space I had. Under one butt cheek, I had been sitting on a stack of cards (credit, loyalty, membership, etc.) slightly thicker than a deck of playing cards. When I saw the size of the stack of essentially usless material I was carting about, I knew there was something wrong.
smily_headphones1.gif

good luck
-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back