Monarchy NM24 or Stello DA100 Signature...
Sep 10, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by nopietns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Emailed them, nice shipping costs - 370$.
+ all the insane Eu customs duties.

Ask Mr. Poon if he is using USPS to ship it. There is an special deal w/ the USPS where he can ship up to a given weight for a given price. This may result in the cheapest option, although VAT will be high.

BTW, are you taking advantage of the $1,080 special he is running in Audiogon? Good luck.

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #32 of 37
if only this dac has balanced outputs...

Sep 18, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #33 of 37
My Stello DA100 Signature does.
jecklinsmile.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by windrider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if only this dac has balanced outputs...

That and I wish it had more outputs from the tube circuit. It sounds so good. Oh well, I guess I will just have to manually switch between rigs.

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That and I wish it had more outputs from the tube circuit. It sounds so good. Oh well, I guess I will just have to manually switch between rigs.

The NM24 has both SS and Tube DAC outputs. It also has a Line Stage ouput which you can use to drive headphones via an RCA to 1/4" female plug. If you feed the SS DAC output to the input then you can use a switch on the front of the NM24 to feed the Line Stage either the SS or the Tube DAC.

If you are talking about only one tube dac output get an rca splitter for a few dollars and then you can use it to feed two amp. That is what I currently do. Used to do it also w/ the Oritek V4.1 DAC.

41XWQ1NR78L._SS500_.jpg

Good luck.

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #36 of 37
Yea I'm talking about the only one tube output. I wonder if using a splitter would degrade the sound any.

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I wonder if using a splitter would degrade the sound any.

Do not know, however since I need to feed two amps I am using them. The option is a switching box w/ added cables, switches, rca's, etc. Much more complex and IMO more chances of things going wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back