Momentum vs. M-100
Jun 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #32 of 41
The momentum does not need an amp, its designed to be used with portable players just like the M100. Im guessing its probably rated at 32 ohm.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #35 of 41
Very subjective question. To my ears and the type of music I listen to (mostly contemporary genres) the M100 destroys the Momentum. Everyone has different preferences for diff signatures, best to just go try them on yourself at a store. Some other ones relatively in the same ball part in audio fidelity are UE6000, MDR 1R, PSB M4U1, Shure 940.    

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #36 of 41
Can I get anything better than or equal to the momentum at a lower price? ???

The MDR-1R sound is built for a wider range of genres, is a better overall portable package, and costs less.

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #39 of 41
I've read on here the momentum on ears are less neutral than the original momentums..something about more bass iirc.

I haven't really heard all the nice headphones on here that ppl rave about but just wanted to put my 2c in that the sennheiser amperiors are awesome for metal. I also listen to a lot of death, melodic, black, funeral doom etc etc and couldn't really be happier with the amperiors. My staples are Opeth and Dark Tranquillity, and the amperiors absolutely rock with them. I've found the amperiors also to scale up ok with upgrades (i re-ripped my music to 320 mp3, upgraded to a copper cable and bought an e11 amp).

I have listened to the momentums (originals) and imho they don't suit metal too well. The bass is maybe a bit there too much, and they also felt too slow for fast metal music.

Seems it's not easy to find good portables (or even any headphones) for metal, compared to any other genre :frowning2:
Could be that metal listeners are a minority, compared to all other genres that ppl listen to on here ?

Oh, my mate also bought a set of amperiors after listening to mine. He is loving them also and he listens to a lot of punk/screamo etc. They are very lively sounding...perfect for our music.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #40 of 41
Dude you are so right!! I experience the same problem-finding good cans for heavy and death metal.I currently have the Skullcrushers which are absolutely horrid.I plan to buy the momentum.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:
The momentum does not need an amp, its designed to be used with portable players just like the M100. Im guessing its probably rated at 32 ohm.

18 ohms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back