Momentum vs IE80?
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #6 of 13
I own the IE80 and I have the Momentums (kind of borrowing them) and my advice is: don't by the Momentums. It is kind of difficult to compare IEMs and Over-ear headphones, but the SQ of the IE80 for me is superior to the Momentums. Biggest flaw for me is the bloated bass of the Momentums. The bass just isn't tight and of poor quallity, it really ruins the listening experiance. There might be also a fitting problem. They are very small and they barely fits my small ears (and I have very small ears). Anyways, although they are not as pretty, the Amperiors have a better SQ and they are half the price, because they are discontinued.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #7 of 13
  I own the IE80 and I have the Momentums (kind of borrowing them) and my advice is: don't by the Momentums. It is kind of difficult to compare IEMs and Over-ear headphones, but the SQ of the IE80 for me is superior to the Momentums. Biggest flaw for me is the bloated bass of the Momentums. The bass just isn't tight and of poor quallity, it really ruins the listening experiance. There might be also a fitting problem. They are very small and they barely fits my small ears (and I have very small ears). Anyways, although they are not as pretty, the Amperiors have a better SQ and they are half the price, because they are discontinued.

Well it depends on what you are listening and what you expect from the sound. Anyway Sennheiser advertised the Momentum with natural Sound which isn't really easy to combine with a good amount of Bass.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #8 of 13
Well actually, I don't think is about music taste. The bass is just poor quality in my opinion. For example, I also own the Q701, HD 650, Amperiors and sr225 and they are all tuned differently, which means they are suitable for different music types, however they don't have such weaknesses. I belive the Momentums were made for more urban use by costumers who previously had a $50 headphones, and for them the Momentums would sound fantastic, but I was somewhat disappointed by them.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #11 of 13

Okay you're the smartest

Excuse me, but can you please tell me, what did I say exactly, to provoke this completely unnecessary and ad hominem response by you, that has nothing to do with this year and a half old topic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back