Momentum or 650 (X2) or 598
May 18, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #16 of 25
  Tried , don't like it 

Did you try them amped ? they are incredible sounding I agree with that reviewer best buy below Hifiman HE500.
The momentum are a very narrow enclosed soundstage but very finely detailed and crisp punchy midrange bass and decent low end sparkly (personally I thought too sparkly treble), I went from momentum to x1 and couldn't be happier.

I have seen people likening the momentum sound sig to audio technica m50's which can be had for $100 or the cheaper amperior or sp 25 ii are better buys if style and looks aren't an issue.I like the momentums but really most of the money is in the lambs leather and build quality than drivers.

The X1, HD600, HD650, are a class above HD598 and Momentums.

May 19, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #17 of 25
  Did you try them amped ? they are incredible sounding I agree with that reviewer best buy below Hifiman HE500.
The momentum are a very narrow enclosed soundstage but very finely detailed and crisp punchy midrange bass and decent low end sparkly (personally I thought too sparkly treble), I went from momentum to x1 and couldn't be happier.

I have seen people likening the momentum sound sig to audio technica m50's which can be had for $100 or the cheaper amperior or sp 25 ii are better buys if style and looks aren't an issue.I like the momentums but really most of the money is in the lambs leather and build quality than drivers.

Yes , I know ...they were amped 
I like them but I prefer Beyer/Senn and AKGs signature more , they were using the stock high capacitance cable though 
I might pick one up to complete my headphone collection , thanks ! 

May 19, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #18 of 25
I'm curious why not an HD600?

I'm fond of the old trio idea too. The earlier trio included K501 (my first headphone) and one I still love. You might be interested in buying a used one.

May 19, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #19 of 25

I have the 600, the 598, and the Momentum, and I love them all the same. The 598 sounds better right out of an ipod touch than the 600, and the Momentum sounds better out of a phone or Ipod touch than the 600 also. they all sound great with amps, but the 600 takes the lead when paired with a good amp.

May 20, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #20 of 25
  I'm curious why not an HD600?

I'm fond of the old trio idea too. The earlier trio included K501 (my first headphone) and one I still love. You might be interested in buying a used one.

Well , since I live in India , Senn has a odd story here 
The 600s are "Not in production" according to the engineers at the service centre , they just refused my proposal for special ordering the 600 from Ireland , the Amperior is available here but they haven't heard about the HD-25 AL which is weird , I talked to the head , he was able to find a really old 600 from the late 90s I guess ...with the yellow drivers but it was in a really horrid shape , I will order one from Ebay sometime in the near future 
As far as AKGs are concerned , I really want the 240s and the 501 , one day :) 

May 20, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #21 of 25

The 600s are "Not in production" according to the engineers at the service centre , they just refused my proposal for special ordering the 600 from Ireland , the Amperior is available here but they haven't heard about the HD-25 AL which is weird , I talked to the head , he was able to find a really old 600 from the late 90s I guess ...with the yellow drivers but it was in a really horrid shape , I will order one from Ebay sometime in the near future 

Oh man, clearly not up to Sennheisers customer service standards. Sorry that you have to endure that. On a positive note, if you find any New Old Stock of HD25-1 Mk I (not HD25-1 II)  please let me know. I was able to buy one 2 years ago and I love them. 

Cheers,
K

May 20, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #23 of 25

why didn't you order through ebay in the first place ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back