Momentum 2 Distorts Heavily out of Amplifiers
Aug 29, 2017 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cossix

Headphoneus Supremus
I currently own the Jotunheim combo and the Modi 2 U/Magni 2 stack. I have been wondering what my Momentum 2 sound like from a desktop amp but every time I slap a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter on it and plug it in, the sound is heavily distorted and the channel imbalance is outrageous. It sounds like the music went through a blender.

Is this a cable adapter issue or a power issue? My Momentums are driven just perfectly from my A5 portable amp which puts decent power into them.

Aug 29, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 4
Yep I believe it might be the adapter do you have other 1/8 in phones to try and see if it does the same with them as well?

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 4
I currently own the Jotunheim combo and the Modi 2 U/Magni 2 stack. I have been wondering what my Momentum 2 sound like from a desktop amp but every time I slap a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter on it and plug it in, the sound is heavily distorted and the channel imbalance is outrageous. It sounds like the music went through a blender.

Is this a cable adapter issue or a power issue? My Momentums are driven just perfectly from my A5 portable amp which puts decent power into them.

Eliminate the simplest possible cause first - did you try a different adapter? Or did you try the adapter on a different headphone?

Chances are though it won't sound any different until you get far beyond hearing damage levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back