mojo vs mojo 2, legit way for me to test these 2 out?
Sep 3, 2023 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hfi429366999

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Well, Chrod Mojo 2 is out on sale, so grabbed a new unit and got delivered today.

The first Mojo i've had since 2016. Playing music formats (through Roon) all sorts of formats from 24bit 44.1KHz to DSD256.

I've been using Mojo with Focal Elear headphone. Still saving up for the Focal Eutopia, some day.

I do have the Silver Dragon USB cable on order, although i'm not sure yet how much of difference i'll be able to pick up compared to standard PC USB cable i've been using for years with Mojo.

Obviously i'm very intrigued by all the "positive" reviews of Mojo 2 and basically calling it out as night and day compared to the original Mojo. Great!

I wasn't planning to get Mojo 2, but instead was gunning for Hugo 2 instead with the 2Go adapter to use it as Roon ready over hardwired Ethernet.

But i figure, if i "cannot" make out any difference between my current Mojo and Mojo 2, then will my ears and hearing fare out any better with the Hugo 2?

I'm 58 years old and do have (very) minor Tinnitus. But i can hear and enjoy just fine with the Elear and various players, including Mojo.

I'm currently going through about a week of burn in with Mojo 2, letting it play music in loop. Once that's done, i plan to do some testing (hopefully objectively, maybe as a blind testing with tracks that i'm familiar with).

I guess my question to the folks here is, i WIILL ascertain "improvements" with Mojo 2, right? Otherwise, i'm going about this comparison in all the wrong way?

Thanks.

1693797275515.png

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 6
For me Mojo 2 is better technically than Mojo, more neutral / natural.

Crossfeed is also a nice feature (I use it at max settings).

I bet Mojo 2 will pair better with your Elear than Mojo.

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 6
The addition of crossfeed and transparent EQ alone made it more than worth the upgrade for me. When I tuned my cans to my liking using the EQ, the difference between the OG and the 2 were instantly recognizable.

I'm 56 and have mild tinnitus in my right ear. I feel ya.

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks. I'll need to play with this crossfeed some more. I've set it to max, listened to few sample tracks, and i cannot hear any difference between none and max settings. Weird.

Maybe it's the tracks i'm playing. Or, maybe has to do with Elear headphone.

I'll play with some more.

But right now the mojo 2 is at 5 days marathon in burn-in with continuous playbacks, 24x7.

Sep 8, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks.

At max setting, do you notice any supposed change to the listening soundstage, with all music source formats?

If so, then do you have the crank up the volume considerably to notice that difference?

Crossfeed max doesn’t really enlarge the soundstage but give a more solid imaging and then provide a bit more immersive / « holographic » sound (from my experience).

With my Fidelio X2 I don’t really hear some differences, with Sundara and Clear OG then crossfeed max was noticeable.

I’m listening only to Deezer Hifi (more or less CD quality) and don’t have to crank up the volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back