Mojito!
Mar 2, 2007 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11
So tonight I made a Mojito, only I didn't have any Bacardi so in replace I used Vodka, tripple sec and lime juice... and it tastes really good, dare I say better than the Ubiquitous Barcardi Rum Mojito. I used a frozen mix for the Mojito (mint/lime) mix.

Please share your experimental drink mixes that turned out good.
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 11
as a bartender i got to tell you that theres no triple sec (or vodka) in mojitos
also
they make mojito mixes? holy **** that would be useful on busy shifts

anyways
some of my signature drinks:

blushing lady
vodka
pomagrante liquer
grapefruit juice (dont let that mislead you)
with sugar rim and mint garnish

fruity person (this is more for home use than ordering in a bar)
banana rum
welchs strawberry breeze

sexppreso martini (i think need a better name for that drink)
espresso
vodka
kahula
(this is similiar to a black russian)

untitled
orange vodka
then equal parts of:
sour mix
lime juice
pineapple juice

Mar 2, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 11
Mojito is one of the more difficult drinks to get right IMO.

I use a little Bacardi, about two pinches of sugar, juice from one lime and obviously a fresh mint spring. Put all that in a shaker with some ice and muddle. Put some ice in a nice glass, pour the contents in, maybe add a little Bacardi and top with club soda or soda water. The portions have to be perfect or it's ruined IMO.

Another good refreshing summer drink is easier...

Herradura Silver Tequila
Lemonade (good quality)
splash a bit of Sprite or 7up on top... yum!

Mar 2, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 11
I thought this thread was about Edwood's dog.
frown.gif

I'm more of a beer drinker, Stella, Guiness, Boddington's...

I like making my own bloody mary's though. Celery salt, worces... umm that black stuff, tabasco, tomato juice, a little horseradish, and top it off with a celery stick.

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 11
This is a mix that a friend and I drink on a good night. We even named it "Black Death"

1 part Wodka
1 part Kahlua or any other coffee based liquor
1 part Cointreau or any other orange based liquor

Mix well, some ice cubes and you are good to go...[size=xx-small]This drink will get you wasted[/size]

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 11
Mar 2, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So tonight I made a Mojito, only I didn't have any Bacardi so in replace I used Vodka, tripple sec and lime juice... and it tastes really good, dare I say better than the Ubiquitous Barcardi Rum Mojito. I used a frozen mix for the Mojito (mint/lime) mix.

Please share your experimental drink mixes that turned out good.
wink.gif

Equal parts vodka, triple sec and lime juice (no mint) is called a Kamikaze. It's one of my favourite drinks...sour and vodka-y...delicious!

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mojito is one of the more difficult drinks to get right IMO.

I use a little Bacardi, about two pinches of sugar, juice from one lime and obviously a fresh mint spring. Put all that in a shaker with some ice and muddle. Put some ice in a nice glass, pour the contents in, maybe add a little Bacardi and top with club soda or soda water. The portions have to be perfect or it's ruined IMO.

Another good refreshing summer drink is easier...

Herradura Silver Tequila
Lemonade (good quality)
splash a bit of Sprite or 7up on top... yum!

I love a good Mojito. Bahama Breezes (a chain restaurant - alas, the one near us closed), makes a great Mojito, using freshly pressed cane juice and fresh limes and mint. I always started my dinner with one of those, since their beer selection was pretty lame.

Another favorite summer drink for me is Absolute Currant, with tonic and a slice of lemon.

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 58impala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as a bartender i got to tell you that theres no triple sec (or vodka) in mojitos
also
they make mojito mixes? holy **** that would be useful on busy shifts

Yeah I know, I was just experimenting with what I had. The frozen Mojito mix was picked up in Publix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebascrub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Equal parts vodka, triple sec and lime juice (no mint) is called a Kamikaze. It's one of my favourite drinks...sour and vodka-y...delicious!

Oh good to know, I guess the mint just made it a little different... A "Kamikaze Fresh"
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 11
substitute a nice gin for the usual rum in a mojito, and it makes a much better drink (IMHO). not as sickly sweet, and the herbal undertones of the gin offer a nice counterpoint to the muddled mint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back