Moisture Removal System from headphonesolutions?
Apr 8, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 7
What they say about moisture damaging IEMs is true, however if you just make sure to keep them dry (maybe with a towel or something) it should be fine. Granted that chamber probably dries them better (miniscule droplets could still be left with conventianal drying most likely), not to mention is a nice hard protective case. Depending on which IEMs you use it may be worth it (I'd say customs, at least the Westone ones, come with their own, and maybe something like the CX300 or E2c doesn't really need one all that badly).

EDIT: The E4c is probably worth the investment. The moisture remover is pretty durable as well, and since you can 'recharge' it with a microwave, it should last a long, long time (well into your upgradeitis).

Apr 8, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimitedx
can you explain how their moisture remover product works? i can't find any description of it anywhere else!

I'm guessing it's a bottle of dessicant. You know the little sugar-like packets that you find inside some packaging, or in clothing? It's a material that absorbs moisture and humidity. Once it becomes saturated, it can be dried out in an oven and re-used.

The military uses it on a lot of their black boxes on tanks and othe equipment, especially where optics are involved to prevent fogging due to trapped moisture.

In the case of this product, when you put your IEMs in the bottle, the dessicant would wick away any moisture.

Apr 8, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2
I'm guessing it's a bottle of dessicant. You know the little sugar-like packets that you find inside some packaging, or in clothing? It's a material that absorbs moisture and humidity. Once it becomes saturated, it can be dried out in an oven and re-used.

The military uses it on a lot of their black boxes on tanks and othe equipment, especially where optics are involved to prevent fogging due to trapped moisture.

In the case of this product, when you put your IEMs in the bottle, the dessicant would wick away any moisture.

i dunno...if its silica gel-like, i'm not sure i would want to stick the IEM into my ear after its been chilling in that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back