Moisture Removal System for IEM's
May 24, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 3
I don't think I have ever heard of anyone having problems with mositure in iems (unless they were like took them in the pool or something). All it is though, is silica gel (a desiccant), which can probably be bought for less in a store. It also comes with shoes, clothing etc. in those little white packets that say (DO NOT EAT THROW AWAY.) You could just toss some of them in the case with your iems and you would be set. But I seriously doubt it is neccessary unless you live in a place with like 100% humidity year round. Also you could just leave your iems in your ears forever and moisture from the air couldn't get into them.
etysmile.gif

May 25, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 3
I could see a dessicant being usefull if you used your IEMs in situations where you sweated a lot, like working out or on stage. But for normal everyday use? I dunno....

I have a pelican case with a dessicant pillow in it, periodically I do have to discharge it to get the moisture out of it. I thought about putting one of those little plastic cylindars that are filled with dessicant (the kind packaged with pills sometimes) in my small case, but haven't bothered.

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back