Mohawk + cans = no
Feb 3, 2007 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

FooTemps

500+ Head-Fier
I've come to realize a sad truth... I just recently cut a mohawk (for kicks) and was looking at some circumaural closed cans and I just come to the realization that I can't wear them if I have a mohawk!

Yes... I guess they could be hair thread 2.0 hahaha

Anyone else want to share their hair vs. headphones conflicts?

Feb 3, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 29
Yah... i bought recabled k81djs from camille. At first, they felt pretty comfortable since i guess he had them for a long time. Then when i bought it and when back home, i looked at myself in the mirror and lo and behold! I couldnt go out like this in the public, even if no one was looking! It sort of seemed like i had cancer in the middle of my head and my whole "vibe" was lost. Then i had to go on a 2 day trip wearing the headphones like you did except i wore the cable like shure style - behind the ears. Eventually i sold it to a guy with shorter hair it it suited him well. Although i dont have a mohawk, i do spike up my long hair. Now, im stuck with iems, igrados, and clipons....

Feb 3, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 29
For me, sound > hair. I would shave myself bald if it would increase the SQ.
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple solution, cut an area out of the mohawk to allow for the headband. Create a new style Mohawk, be a trend setter. Just don't name it the 'iMohawk' or I will beat you with a catoninetails.

Bwahahahha!!
biggrin.gif

First we had emo, now imo.

Feb 3, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple solution, cut an area out of the mohawk to allow for the headband. Create a new style Mohawk, be a trend setter. Just don't name it the 'iMohawk' or I will beat you with a catoninetails.

Scourging aside, think of the money!

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #9 of 29
my wax stains the leather on my k501s headband yellow
blink.gif

so i always wash it out of my hair before i wear my akgs
tongue.gif

i inserted my etys waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too deep last nite at the eric clapton concert. they felt like a ***ing torture device!! no joke
plainface.gif

well at least i didnt have enough hearing damage for it to be blatent after the concert so i guess it was worth it in the long run.

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, sound > hair. I would shave myself bald if it would increase the SQ.
biggrin.gif

But it does. I assume you haven't tried it?

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But it does. I assume you haven't tried it?

ORLY?
basshead.gif

. . .

Did it!

. . .

I don't notice any differences, except now my head is colder.
confused.gif

. . .

frown.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #13 of 29
Actually I tend to shave my hair, but I had to let it grow out for winter break. So when I decided to shave it again, I just left a mohawk.

Right now I don't have any cans so the pics are meaningless, haha.

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I tend to shave my hair, but I had to let it grow out for winter break. So when I decided to shave it again, I just left a mohawk.

Right now I don't have any cans so the pics are meaningless, haha.

What's wrong with the KSC75 in your sig, they would seem ideal for a mo.

Feb 4, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's wrong with the KSC75 in your sig, they would seem ideal for a mo.

I wanted a closed can for plane flights and when my house gets too noisy. The KSC75s are fine but I was looking for a specific application. Not to mention big closed cans look so spiffy! lol

edit: nothing101... what kind of wax do you use that stains!? i wanna stay away from that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back