MoFi - Rush - Permanent Waves Gold Disc
Dec 18, 2007 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Mher6

500+ Head-Fier
Has any other Rush fans ordered this CD yet? I got my copy today, and am listening to it as I speak. The MoFi edition is definitely an improvement over its remaster. Bass response seems to be much cleaner/faster.

This is a must for Rush fans
wink.gif

Rush - Permanent Waves Ultradisc II™ 24 KT Gold CD - Ultradisc II 24 KT - Gold CD - Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Inc.

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by classic_rock_69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should do this for all the cd's, rush with top notch production is simply marvelous.

RUSH ROCKSS rharharharha.

Which one CD is top notch? I can't find any, unfortunately. Can you point or link me into right direction? Thanks.

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one CD is top notch? I can't find any, unfortunately. Can you point or link me into right direction? Thanks.

I'm not sure what you're asking...

...."Which CD is top notch?"

-Nick
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #8 of 12
Sorry, I meant to say top notch production. I'm big fan of Rush, but some of their CD's are not produced or mastered well. Vapor Trails comes to mind as good example.

Dec 19, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has any other Rush fans ordered this CD yet? I got my copy today, and am listening to it as I speak. The MoFi edition is definitely an improvement over its remaster. Bass response seems to be much cleaner/faster.

This is a must for Rush fans
wink.gif

So these MoFi discs are really that good? With Rush being my favorite band, I'd hate to think I'm missing something. I have their entire collection.

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So these MoFi discs are really that good? With Rush being my favorite band, I'd hate to think I'm missing something. I have their entire collection.

If you have a good system and headphones, you are missing out...
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I meant to say top notch production. I'm big fan of Rush, but some of their CD's are not produced or mastered well. Vapor Trails comes to mind as good example.

I would say many of their earlier albums sound good (the Remasters) it's most of the albums from the 90s to present that sound bad. Some of them sound a little TOO crisp, with piercing high end (Presto, Roll The Bones, Test For Echo) and Vapor Trails and the latest album sound a bit compressed.

Dec 23, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #12 of 12
MoFi = Balls deluxe.

Can't wait for Santana Abraxas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back