Modular themes? Warranty?
Mar 15, 2016 at 8:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Musok

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Just ordered my X1. Excited and ansious for it to arrive.
I have two questions. First, does a custom firmware (with only theme modified) voids warranty?

The other... I'm a developer and been in that world for years. I love things about audio and I would love to develop things related to. Why don't FiiO modularize themes for example? What do I mean by that? If there is a "themes" folder on the root of the SD card, it could simply load those. Get the themes and configs and options out of the firmware. In the future maybe even provide a plugins API?
These, at least for me and other people who like to DIY and have code knowledge, would be pretty awesome and I bet that more people would experiment and try new things while on FiiO hardware. In the end, this experimentation is also good for FiiO to understand where it should go.

Just a point of view...

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi guys,

Just ordered my X1. Excited and ansious for it to arrive.
I have two questions. First, does a custom firmware (with only theme modified) voids warranty?

The other... I'm a developer and been in that world for years. I love things about audio and I would love to develop things related to. Why don't FiiO modularize themes for example? What do I mean by that? If there is a "themes" folder on the root of the SD card, it could simply load those. Get the themes and configs and options out of the firmware. In the future maybe even provide a plugins API?
These, at least for me and other people who like to DIY and have code knowledge, would be pretty awesome and I bet that more people would experiment and try new things while on FiiO hardware. In the end, this experimentation is also good for FiiO to understand where it should go.

Just a point of view...

Hello Musok,

Custom theme firmwares do not void warranty, I can tell you that much... :xf_eek:

--Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back