Modular IEM?
Oct 27, 2008 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Whitebread

1000+ Head-Fier
I've just killed my second pair of ER6i's in 3 years. Both failed at one end of the cable. I must admit that I don't take the best care of my IEMs. They spent most of their life in my pants pocket or on my dresser. Regardless, I'd like to eliminate this issue by getting some modular IEMso if/when they fail I don't have to dish out big bucks for whole new monitors. So far, I've found the Sleek model SA6 and would like to explore other options. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oct 28, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 5
The UE universals have removable cables (except the low-end stuff and the super.fi 5 LS). Also ER-4P has removable cables (but the cable is terrible).

Edit: I don't get how people kill ER-6i so fast. My old pair lasted four years before finally giving up the ghost.

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 5
The SA6 is very modular, but has a questionable build quality - if you killed er6i's in a year or two each, take caution. The er 4p will give you a very familiar sound and fit with removeable cables, but those cables are braided and you may find them more trouble than theyre worth, especially for trying to wear them over your ears.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #5 of 5
Is the SA6 really that bad? None of the reviews on Amazon say anything poor about the SA6. I know it's amazon, but the people who purchase 200 dollar IEMs probably won't be your average uneducated and ignorant consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back