Mods to improve Amiron Home's mid and low-end response?
Jul 20, 2021 at 8:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

viivo

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any physical mods I can perform to make these a little livelier? I'm not after accuracy, just a more dynamic and impactful sound for games and movies.

The only thing I've done so far is swap out the rather flat and uncomfortable stock pads for the ones from a pair of Fostex T-X0 (I know one is round and the other oval, but they do improve the sound in the direction I'm looking for.)

I have the earcups and some other parts from an old pair of DT880s I could swap in if they would help in any way. Otherwise, any advice regarding modifying the Amiron earcups or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

If it matters, my super entry-level gear:
PC USB to Sabaj D4
Sometimes I use a Schiit Magni 2U after the DAC, but honestly I don't hear any difference between it and the D4's amp.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 3
Are there any physical mods I can perform to make these a little livelier? I'm not after accuracy, just a more dynamic and impactful sound for games and movies.

The only thing I've done so far is swap out the rather flat and uncomfortable stock pads for the ones from a pair of Fostex T-X0 (I know one is round and the other oval, but they do improve the sound in the direction I'm looking for.)

I have the earcups and some other parts from an old pair of DT880s I could swap in if they would help in any way. Otherwise, any advice regarding modifying the Amiron earcups or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

If it matters, my super entry-level gear:
PC USB to Sabaj D4
Sometimes I use a Schiit Magni 2U after the DAC, but honestly I don't hear any difference between it and the D4's amp.
Using a system-wide EQ is probably going to be a quicker and more effective way to improve areas that you're finding lacking in their frequency response.

Jul 20, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 3
I have not heard your system but..........

I would try a bigger amp. Those headphones are 250 ohms and really may come alive from a different amp? I mean.......I’m just guessing but I have many times seen a headphone wake-up from more power. Not louder, just more bass, better midrange and better soundstage, just try it!

What will happen is the low end will have better imaging and resolve, texture; it just seems like more bass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back