mods please delete.
Feb 4, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #16 of 22
Damn I should have stopped reading at the stop sign but I was curious of pinoys outside a gaming environment.

The SM3 shouldn't even be up there; you stated the reason yourself. If the other iems are up there have anywhere near the same experience, I would be even more troubled.

Instead of ranking everything, individual reviews of each of the iems would give far more valuable information. The permanent bold font is also an eye-sore.

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:
I don't think you know the difference between good highs and being bright. Or lows for a matter of fact.

Right, which is why clarity and treble are grouped together - no offense to OP, but there's a difference between personal preference and incorrect terminology. You can say that you like or don't like a particular shade of blue but you can't redefine 'blue' to mean 'red' and call it personal preference.

Also agree that the SM3 serves no purpose up there except to tell us that the OP has heard it.

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #20 of 22
I don't think you are offending anyone, its just a matter of some inconsistencies that is kind of confusing to a lot of us.  Not easy to bridge the gap between the different audiophiles around the world who all use different terminology is it? lol :p

You turned me onto the UE700s, Im looking for an iem with a big soundstage, I fear the phiaton ps200 may wide but lacking depth and height.

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #22 of 22
Is this the point where I praise you for the great review/rip on you for being terribly wrong? :p

I do think that many of us carry different perceptions of the same earphones, and that tends to make user reviews and comments a bit...mixed.  A few odd things stuck out for me relative to some of the earphones we both have used, but it's still a matter of personal preference, what we each seek in terms of ideals and expectations, and scale in terms of sound and range of characteristics.  There's even the challenge of context of a word, not just the meaning but also scale of that meaning.  A simple example is calling an earphone sharp.  Sharp how and in what ways and at what level?  There is an inherent challenge when writing to attempt to create meaning and scale when using descriptors.  It is always a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back