Mods for this Card
Nov 19, 2006 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

skinnie

Head-Fier
Well I have here this card a.k.a. Creative AWE32 and just for fun I want to know if there any possible mods I could do to it to improve it..just for fun..
the card is this:

Now it has 2mb of mem but I'll get 2x8mb or 2x16mb for it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 10
Everything is possible to mod, however it does not always yeld a positive result. It looks as its quit good made. Never seen an onboard regulator on a creative card before, I think. If I where you, I'd start by tracing backwards from the analoge outs, to se what you find of components in the path.

Nov 19, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 10
I'm not sure if there's much info for modding it, considering how old of a card it is. I might have one laying around somewhere at home or work though, so if I do find one I'll take a look and see.

Nov 19, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pipp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I where you, I'd start by tracing backwards from the analoge outs, to se what you find of components in the path.

Sorry pipp but has I am Portuguese I don't understand what you said
frown.gif

Thanks for the help ppl

Nov 20, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #6 of 10
He means look at the output and then follow the signal backwards till you hit the DAC chip. Everything in that part is likely to be upgradable in some way, however it may not be a worthwhile improvement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never seen an onboard regulator on a creative card before, I think. If I where you, I'd start by tracing backwards from the analoge outs, to se what you find of components in the path.

From back in the day where Creative made quality PC products. This was a fine card for the consumer.

Nov 20, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 10
this winamp plugin will use the ram on that card and then use the wavetable/synth chip instead of the crappy dac on that card

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=48284

and makes it sound MUCH MUCH better...

i used it for a while on my AWE64 and it made a huge difference

Nov 20, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 10
I already use that plguin
smily_headphones1.gif
yes I have and isa card..3 to be truth..in my amd k6-2 500 :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back