mods for the ath-a700?
Jun 10, 2008 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nff

100+ Head-Fier
anybody know any mods that can be done to the ath-a700? im guessing the most comon one would be a cable replacement. but i dont feel like paying as much for a cable than what i did for the cans.

Jun 10, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 7
for the cable, you can buy Cardas cable or the cheap one like Mogami to do it yourself. To me, it sounds better than the stock one.
wink.gif

another mod is Fitz mod. although not sure it can be done with A700, some of A900LTD owners have done it.

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 7
I was reading one of these threads here with some one talking about putting a rubber band.

On the flaps to make them tighter on your head while improving there bass. I forgot which thread it was.

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 7
what would be a cable suited for a headphone? from mogami?

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 7
It depends on your choice. There are many choice for wires to be used in recabling, and Mogami is one of those.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by genclaymore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was reading one of these threads here with some one talking about putting a rubber band.

On the flaps to make them tighter on your head while improving there bass. I forgot which thread it was.

The Thread you refer may be the fit issue of AT cans.

The rubber band mod works well if you cannot find the fit of your ATs especially W5000's.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 7
i mean theirs like 30 difrent types of cable what wire structure is used for headphones. speaker wire mic cable...? *rambles off the other choices*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back