modmic 4 to ps4
Apr 19, 2015 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

david1rest

New Head-Fier
hi,
I wanted to keep my audiophile setup while enjoying my PS4. I came across the Modmic 4, which is a detachable microphone, as you know.
Now my question is, how can i connect that to the PS4?
Is it even possible or is it just a strict PC-micophone, hence the 3.5 Jack.

I'd really like to have this little thing, because all a new gaing hadset would cost too much, at least when i ty to keep up with my soundstandards.

Thanks,
the Rest

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 13
I would also know if works or not, as im considering getting one. Do tell me if you figure out. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 13
I've just purchased a Mayflower Electronic O2 ODAC Dekstop amp, modmic and a pair of Audeze LCD-2 headphones.  I'll let you know if it works, but I'm skeptical..

Aug 2, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 13
It works.

You need to plug it into the controller though with a headphone/mic female to a 3.5mm male. http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Male-to-2-Female-Headphone-Mic-Y-Splitter-Cable-Adapter-/371299679312?hash=item56732f7c50 like this

I use my headphones with a clip on mic like this sometimes.

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 13
yeah, I just now hooked it up.  I've tried it briefly, and only with the PS4.  The gain is turned to max and the volume still is a bit low.  I'm going to test it with PC and Android next.  Which audio setting is best on the PS4?

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #7 of 13
  yeah, I just now hooked it up.  I've tried it briefly, and only with the PS4.  The gain is turned to max and the volume still is a bit low.  I'm going to test it with PC and Android next.  Which audio setting is best on the PS4?

Make sure the audio is set to "all audio" and volume is all the way up on ps4. I can get uncomfortably loud volumes without an amp through the controller. And it sounds right. One of the best features of the ps4 is the 3.5mm jack on the controller.

Aug 4, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #8 of 13
Yeah, I got the Y-adapter for my modmic and the DS4 jack works quite well.  Only issue is that I'm getting some clicking sounds via ODAC amp.  It seems to occur when I've just rolled over a menu selection, almost like a ghost key tone. No idea as to why, maybe I'll try a different USB cable. 

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #9 of 13
Just to clarify, if I had the AKG K240, a modmic, and the Y-adapter, I could plug the modmic and the K240 into the Y-adapter, and that into the controller, and it'll all work perfectly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back