Modmic 4.0 unidirectional vs omnidirectional and other question?
Nov 16, 2015 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

headoncollision

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys.
so my situation is as following, I currently own a denon ah-d5000 connected to asgard 2, but the past 5 months or so I have been using hyperX cloud I and the denons are safely tucked in the closet. I love the hyperX cloud mic quality and sound quality but a 80$ headset will never match a 700$ stereo headphones no matter how good they are.

I have been starting to do some podcasting and decided to go with Rode NT-USB and of course we all know if your getting a desktop mic then an arm boom mic holder is a must especially for podcasting, living where I am right now, I'll have to order it from amazon.com or amazon.co.uk using shop and ship aramex and paying 40$ in shipping and probably another 35 or 40$ for customs and taxes, add that to the cost of a good quality arm the the total cost will set me back at 280$ which is ALOT! for a mic setup.

and so I decided to give the modmic a shot, I know its not ideal for podcasting and productive work but I have heard its sound quality and its among the best mics in it's size that and with shipping and customs I'll probably end up paying 75 or 80$ maximum in total, until one of my relatives is coming to visit then I'll buy the rodes and have him bring it here with him, skipping shipping costs and customs. but at least until then I'll still be able to use my denons while gaming and doing podcasting. 
so my questions are:

1- I ordered the uni-directional but it's not too late to cancel it, I heard the omni picks up alot of ambient noise but at the same time sounds more open and natural, which is better overal in terms of sound quality for podcasting and all usage scenarios?

2- should I just wait until I get the Rode NT-USB down the road with the boom arm, and keep using the hyperX cloud until then which is already good?

any replies and responses are appreciated it. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #4 of 4
if u don't want to write a reply use the poll thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back