Modifying WM1Z/A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #2,281 of 3,042
My DAC is sounding absolutely stunning. Capacitor upgrades are no joke....... they are an absolute must for me from here on out, on every piece of equipment I will ever own.
Next are my amps.....Will be changing every capacitor for a combination of Mundorfs and KAESEI, very very last thing left to do.
Also have capacitors , AudioNote regular, coming in for the ZX300, and all KaeSei for the 1A.
I just cannot wait, such an exciting time to be into high end audio.

The world is burning...but at the very least, I will do down listening to incredible music.
Riots everywhere like some of us predicted....stay safe, God Speed :fingers_crossed: :fingers_crossed: :fingers_crossed: :pray:

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #2,282 of 3,042
Yes To my surprise my wm1z are so advanced now that even slight small issues can become very apparent and right in your face! I haven't rolled all the regions. But I was on mx3 and 3.0.2 and vocals are nasal on mx3 lol I switched to J and all problems fixed !!! No more nasal and everything sounds accurate and perfect. I am very satisfied now on J and stock 3.0.2 Second favorite is Jupiter T3 rest is not perfect enough I did like some fw from morgan though I still preferred stock 3.0.2
If u are still exploiting your Romi with stock FW or Jupiter, u are merely halfway to the pinnicle of the full potential. The BGs need to be unleashed!

May 31, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #2,285 of 3,042
Speaking of gates..

This is my benchmark song for testing amplifier performance. Probably sounds really awesome on blackgate capacitors.

:sunglasses: :joy: :feet: :scream_cat: :scream_cat::gs1000smile:

dancing-tigers_gif-party.gif

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #2,286 of 3,042
Trying using this DSP setting for that 6th gate song.

EQ: Excited
DC Phase Linearizer Type A
DSEE ON

On zx507 balanced, My MDR-1AM2's 40mm driver pushing alot of bass air out of its vents but no distortion at all.

May 31, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #2,287 of 3,042
Yes To my surprise my wm1z are so advanced now that even slight small issues can become very apparent and right in your face! I haven't rolled all the regions. But I was on mx3 and 3.0.2 and vocals are nasal on mx3 lol I switched to J and all problems fixed !!! No more nasal and everything sounds accurate and perfect. I am very satisfied now on J and stock 3.0.2 Second favorite is Jupiter T3 rest is not perfect enough I did like some fw from morgan though I still preferred stock 3.0.2
I dont hear nasal on mx3 but they sound diferent than J for sure overal modded Hw users and 1Z users with top tier iems prefer J

May 31, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #2,288 of 3,042
I dont hear nasal on mx3 but they sound diferent than J for sure overal modded Hw users and 1Z users with top tier iems prefer J

I didn't on my stock 1z either and mx3 on stock sounded quit good. But now its different J seems much better

May 31, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #2,289 of 3,042
I didn't on my stock 1z either and mx3 on stock sounded quit good. But now its different J seems much better

Maybe the ability of your Tiger ears has evolved further!! That is prob the only reason I can think of.... To confirm the conclusion, why dun you change it back to MX3 and see whether you hear the haziness.

Btw, safe trucking from today till Thurs!

May 31, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #2,293 of 3,042
I been region rolling all day long! And got damn tired lmao and unsatisfactory rolling brought me to Mx ! With stock 3.02.

Then I found no I am missing something again aaaa shhhrrgggg big HISSS

Okay I said lets try Mx + my favorite Solis3.01zu! As I know I I liked that one a lot back then.
Hmm was good but but not enough vibrancy and deep rumble in vocals as I am used to hear with Johnny Cash.

So I load region U then Solis3.01zu
HOLLY SMAACKK boom Shakalaka!
Tiger Tail got straight up , my ears steered up forward. The mustash pointing in front.

I have to say this U+solis301zu is something! The best setup for EDM just mindblowing.

MX+ stock 3.02 seems to work good as well but its not as good as the other one overall. Less width and depth. Good vocals though.

May 31, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #2,294 of 3,042
I been region rolling all day long! And got damn tired lmao and unsatisfactory rolling brought me to Mx ! With stock 3.02.

Then I found no I am missing something again aaaa shhhrrgggg big HISSS

Okay I said lets try Mx + my favorite Solis3.01zu! As I know I I liked that one a lot back then.
Hmm was good but but not enough vibrancy and deep rumble in vocals as I am used to hear with Johnny Cash.

So I load region U then Solis3.01zu
HOLLY SMAACKK boom Shakalaka!
Tiger Tail got straight up , my ears steered up forward. The mustash pointing in front.

I have to say this U+solis301zu is something! The best setup for EDM just mindblowing.

MX+ stock 3.02 seems to work good as well but its not as good as the other one overall. Less width and depth. Good vocals though.

yes, I have no doubt. Solis was tuned on an EM walkman. Of course any tier 4 hardware would make it sing!!

congratulations on your Walkman 1Z-Romni

May 31, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #2,295 of 3,042
yes, I have no doubt. Solis was tuned on an EM walkman. Of course any tier 4 hardware would make it sing!!

congratulations on your Walkman 1Z-Romni

I just did intensive a/b with Solis3.01 vs Solis3.02 and dang I now understand the benefits of a custom mode wm1z I hear more changes with such ease!

To me now Solis3.02 is way better then Solis3.01. Like the expansive soundstage goes way further then before . Sooo coool!
3.0.2 is the key for latest fw as it offers better soundstage.
Also U + Solis3.0.2 is actually better with vocals vs Solis3.01....

Love it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back