Modify your walkman phones
Oct 28, 2008 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ljcii

100+ Head-Fier
Am i only the one who uses my phones with my modded walkman phone with improved audio drivers?

I am curious as to how the rest of you will find it.
From unmodded to modded, there's an increase in sound-stage and in details.

Please visit SE-NSE Home forums if any of you are interested.

I am changing my player soon too so i am just interested in how you guys will find the sound.

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 12
i did this with K800i but that's cybershot, not walkman! i think i used 'peters acoustic v2' driver iirc

i now have 'walkman phone' W890i but alas can't mod it as i no longer have PC. been interested in dual boot XP / os x but i keep reading about driver problems so i think i'll not bother.

but thanks to se nse i unlocked, debranded, changed menu icons & changed camera & acoustics on it for free. used my old HD25-1s on it in fact.

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 12
I'm using that too. how was it on your hd25-1s?
I really wonder what its output is after modding.

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 12
well i kinda did it just to make it louder & was using the BT stereo so i can't really remember how much better it was, though i did also try the extreme one, that distorted a bit at high volumes, so reverted back to peters acoustic.

it was mainly to make the sound louder.

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #5 of 12
my k550i is on cid53
frown.gif
i dont know if they can hack it already tough

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my k550i is on cid53
frown.gif
i dont know if they can hack it already tough

Can.
it's that camera phone right, there's alot of things to be done to it.

Nov 2, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #8 of 12
how did you debrand your phone? would you mind telling me the search terms you did on SE-NSE? Thank you!
biggrin.gif

Excuse the stupidity by me, but is debranding and unlocking the same thing?

Nov 2, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #9 of 12
Yes it is.
What phone do you use?
i never got to debrand my phone though. If you had tried searching and couldn't find, you could probably start a thread. or search on google.

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #10 of 12
I have a w600i i LOVE it but i moved to t-mobile and i can't find a way to unlock it. (i did the vacation to another nation story.) i really wish i could use it though.

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #11 of 12
I think there is a way to unlock it. I've seen it before but i seldom frequent there because there's nothing much to do on my phone anymore. I'm afraid you have to search there yourself. If not, you could go to some shop nearby and ask them to unlock for you.

Nov 29, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #12 of 12
I got a K810i from my uncle during thanksgiving and I've been modding it ever since. I decided to try peters accoustic drivers and I wasn't too happy at how hissy it was. I tried this XDS Apf & Zapf - SE-NSE Forums OH MY WORD. It's quality compares to my A818 now. Okay I lied. It's not quite up to scale but man does it compete now! For a phone, the quality is NUTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back