Modi Multibit vs Bitfrost Multibit for Vallhalla 2
Sep 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Medicake

Head-Fier
Hello all,

I recently picked up a Valhalla 2 to replace my schiit stack but am currently using the modi 2 as a source, I am looking at both the New Modi Multibit and Bitfrost Multibit as a replacement. I know there is a large price gap between the two but I wanted to hear from you guys to see if that jump is worth it. I will be using this combo to drive my HD 600s and possibly later down the line the HD 800 (depending on funds). Any advice is appreciated even if it's a recommendation for a completely different DAC, I just want some recommendations that I can start testing and see where I stand.

Thanks

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 5
Hello all,

I recently picked up a Valhalla 2 to replace my schiit stack but am currently using the modi 2 as a source, I am looking at both the New Modi Multibit and Bitfrost Multibit as a replacement. I know there is a large price gap between the two but I wanted to hear from you guys to see if that jump is worth it. I will be using this combo to drive my HD 600s and possibly later down the line the HD 800 (depending on funds). Any advice is appreciated even if it's a recommendation for a completely different DAC, I just want some recommendations that I can start testing and see where I stand.

Thanks
Have heard the Bimby but not the Mimby. The Bimby is able to be upgraded from what I've read the Mimby is not. Just a thought.

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 5
They sound are pretty much identical except for warranty 5>2 yrs, upgradability, lack of wall wart on Bimby, and perhaps power supply stability.

Sep 20, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 5
I had not considered upgrade ability but that is definitely something I should keep in mind, thanks for the input!
You just never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back