Modi Multibit through Optical, how do I change bitrate?
Apr 22, 2018 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

caenlenfromOCN

1000+ Head-Fier
I am used to USB schiit products where I just right click a drop down menu and change to 24 bit 96k

Optical, it sounds great and all, but its listed as realtek optical when connect to modi multibit? why doesn't it say schiit modi multibit? i know its working through optical, otherwise i'd be getting no sound out my amp.... just confused, thanks!

Apr 22, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 6
I am used to USB schiit products where I just right click a drop down menu and change to 24 bit 96k

Optical, it sounds great and all, but its listed as realtek optical when connect to modi multibit? why doesn't it say schiit modi multibit? i know its working through optical, otherwise i'd be getting no sound out my amp.... just confused, thanks!
g
"doesn't say schiit modi multibit" becouse it's not using any drivers ,beauty about the optical is that you don't need any drivers and you get less interference ,bad part is that you are limited to 24/96 kHz bit rate and optical doesn't support DSD
Cheers
http://abload.de/image.php?img=opticalhkubl.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 6
What software are you using to play the music? You should have the the DAC choose the bit and sampling rate according to the music's bit and rate. Look into WASAPI(for bit-perfect setting) driver for the particular software you are using, and try using original bit rate of the file that with WASAPI or ASIO will change accordingly(and see what you think). I personally prefer bit-perfect setting(non-oversampled). I find this better than just generally setting it as max possible.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 6
What software are you using to play the music? You should have the the DAC choose the bit and sampling rate according to the music's bit and rate. Look into WASAPI(for bit-perfect setting) driver for the particular software you are using, and try using original bit rate of the file that with WASAPI or ASIO will change accordingly(and see what you think). I personally prefer bit-perfect setting(non-oversampled). I find this better than just generally setting it as max possible.

i use wasapi with foobar, i didnt know what it did though

so wasapi automatically changes bitrate for me? id ont have to do anything special?

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 6
so wasapi automatically changes bitrate for me? id ont have to do anything special?
AFIK, it does couple things. Changes the bitrate accordingly and puts foobar in exclusive mode. If you use pull mode, when you stop(not pause) of play, you can play on the browser or other player as long as play is stopped on foobar. Tidal works differently, once you swich the app, makee playback exclusive to that app. Exclusive means, sound from other apps will not output sound during the playback from the current app utilized.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back