Modi 3 or Zen Dac?
Mar 4, 2020 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ronnco

New Head-Fier
If you were to compare the Dac section of each one which would you pick if you’re after the best SQ? Going to use my iPhone 7 to stream Tidal through an Apple camera cable to one of these. Will be using Drop CTH hybrid amp with Drop HD6XX. Help!

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 4
If you were to compare the Dac section of each one which would you pick if you’re after the best SQ? Going to use my iPhone 7 to stream Tidal through an Apple camera cable to one of these. Will be using Drop CTH hybrid amp with Drop HD6XX. Help!

the modi multibit is Very good and a bargain at its price point. I find it very musical. other dacs may sound cleaner, but I never fatigue listening to it.

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 4
The Topping D30 measures well. And has RCA coax and optical as well as USB inputs.

Mar 8, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 4
In his review of the Zen Dac, Currawong compares the dac section of the Zen with the Modis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back