Modi 3 + jds atom to chord mojo. Upgrade or sidegrade?
Feb 16, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #16 of 20
Thanks. It seems to work well enough unless I go on a major listening binge and run it way down but even then it'll probably catch back up eventually since I don't have time to do that every day. Even if I forget about it and never use my mojo for some reason it's only overcharging an hour a day instead of 24/7. I think this would at least mitigate the issue.

Feb 20, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #17 of 20
I forgot to mention that the timed wall charger worked out well. i set it for 1 hour charging a night and my mojo always seems to be at least 50% charged.

Brando;
I thought I recalled reading a few of the FAQ posts from Mojo's designer (forgot name at the moment) that he had designed it specifically to be left plugged in for desktop use. He was pretty detailed in his explanations - or perhaps I misunderstood.Based on that, I'm currently leaving mine plugged in, although I do unplug it after it's fully charged, jic.

Feb 21, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #18 of 20
Brando;
I thought I recalled reading a few of the FAQ posts from Mojo's designer (forgot name at the moment) that he had designed it specifically to be left plugged in for desktop use. He was pretty detailed in his explanations - or perhaps I misunderstood.Based on that, I'm currently leaving mine plugged in, although I do unplug it after it's fully charged, jic.
All Chord and Rob Watts can do is to design the charging circuit within the specs of the battery.
But the lifetime of LiPo batteries depends hugely on how you use them.
Best use case is to store them around 30% charge, and only charge them as much as needed for the specific use.
Keeping the batteries at 100% charge for long periods of time degrades it.
High temperatures as well.

The solution @Brando came up with looks like an excellent way to extend battery life in desktop use.

I wish the Mojo had a better charge state indicator - the tiny LED is really hard to see.

Feb 21, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #19 of 20
All Chord and Rob Watts can do is to design the charging circuit within the specs of the battery.
But the lifetime of LiPo batteries depends hugely on how you use them.
Best use case is to store them around 30% charge, and only charge them as much as needed for the specific use.
Keeping the batteries at 100% charge for long periods of time degrades it.
High temperatures as well.

The solution @Brando came up with looks like an excellent way to extend battery life in desktop use.

I wish the Mojo had a better charge state indicator - the tiny LED is really hard to see.

Good to know- thanks for the info. I'll modify my practices.

Feb 24, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #20 of 20
Brando;
I heard about that but some people say keeping it at 100% all the time is bad. Not sure what to believe. I'm guessing the best way for the health of the unit is to charge it up and run it down a while then recharge etc but i'm trying my way to see how it goes since I'm lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back