Modi 2 vs Modi
Jan 4, 2015 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HPiper

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to listen to the new Modi 2 along with the older Modi and could tell me if it would be audibly worth it to upgrade to the newer version.

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 4
  I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to listen to the new Modi 2 along with the older Modi and could tell me if it would be audibly worth it to upgrade to the newer version.

Up!

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 4
I own the Uber version and had the original. The reason why I upgraded to the 2 was because it had the extra digital inputs and I bought a music streamer that only has optical out.I Love the sound from the Modi but I don't hear a difference between the modi 1 and modi uber.

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 4
Basically they both use the same dac chip,usb reciever,op amp and powered from the usb port, I doubt if there is sound difference.   update to the new model if you want 24/176.4 and 24/192 sample rates conversion or if you just have an OCD 
biggrin.gif

The real comparison imo should be between the modi and the uber version which have linear power supply and "better analog output stage" according to schiit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back