Modi 2/Magni 2 connection issues
Jun 30, 2017 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

camaker

Head-Fier
Just got a Modi 2/Magni 2 stack today and haven't been able to get it to connect to my iPhone/iPod. The signal from the Lightning port doesn't seem to be making it to the Modi 2. Here's the set up:

iPod Touch 5G/iPhone 6S+ -> Apple USB 3 CCK (powered through Lightning port) -> USB 2.0 cable -> Modi 2/Magni 2

I'm getting no output from the Modi 2 and its light either stays off or blinks on and off. The Magni 2 seems to be fine. The iPod/iPhone think there's no receiver for the signal and default to their external speaker. Both have been used regularly with a Vamp Verza with no issues.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 30, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 8
Thats probably because there is not enough power to power the modi 2 if you are not using a uber or a multibit.

Jun 30, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 8
Thats probably because there is not enough power to power the modi 2 if you are not using a uber or a multibit.

It's the setup that Schiit recommends on their site. The USB3 CCK has a Lightning port of its own that is plugged into a USB source in addition to the power being supplied by the idevices. Hard to believe it's not getting enough power.

Jun 30, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 8
I devices dont provide very much power. I will let someone else step in then that feeds from a phone. If you are trying to go from a phone do you have the switch on S for simple mode?

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 8
Is the USB source on a different port or from a separate power source?

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 8
I devices dont provide very much power. I will let someone else step in then that feeds from a phone. If you are trying to go from a phone do you have the switch on S for simple mode?

It is set on S for simple mode. The idevice is not the only source of power. The CCK connector has its own Lightning port that is connected to a separate USB power source. There should be plenty of power. I'm not getting the "this device draws too much power" error on the iPhone/iPod, it's like the Modi 2 isn't being recognized and no signal is being sent.

Is the USB source on a different port or from a separate power source?

Separate power supply entirely. It is plugged into its own adapter in a wall plug.

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks to those who chimed in. I was able to resolve the issue by moving the CCK USB power source to a dedicated 2.1A adapter. The 1A USB source was not providing enough power on its own.

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #8 of 8
Like I originally posted LOL not enough power to the modi..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back