Modest Mouse anyone?
Jan 30, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #46 of 52
The February 7, 2008 issue of Rolling Stone says that Issac Brock is finishing-up a Modest Mouse EP of "repolished" outtakes from their last two albums, and is working on a project with Frank Black. The article goes on to say that Brock will begin writing new material with Johnny Marr in March, and that Modest Mouse will "in the spring, hit the road with R.E.M." Interesting...

Jan 30, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #47 of 52
I only ever heard of them around when Float On was big, but I knew I liked them enough to check out their earlier stuff. I did and really loved any of it that I listened to (though I still haven't heard their earliest stuff at all).

but when I went to my friends house to listen to their most recent album, I was really put off. I remember feeling like I was listening to them trying to imitate themselves. this was just about when it came out and admittedly I never gave it another chance, but I was really bothered that I didn't enjoy it.

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #48 of 52
So far I only listened to their latest album (we were dead before the ship even sank) but I absolutly love it!!

After reading half this thread I decided to give The Moon And Antartica a try.

Feb 7, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #50 of 52
I chose We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank because it's the only album I've heard. However, given the popularity of The Moon and Antartica, I'll have to make a mental note to pick it up.

Feb 13, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #51 of 52
ey matt, your from Cleveland! I'm born and raised in Lakewood. Did you make it to that last MM concert in Tower city center?

Feb 13, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #52 of 52
Classic band, but all their work after 2001 kind of went in a direction I didn't like... At all. Too commercial.
mad.gif

They definitely peaked at the moon and antartica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back