Modest Mouse anyone?
Oct 18, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by nogrot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit The Sad Parts > *.

I second that one, that song has so much power packed into it... thats one of the reasons I considered Building nothing out of Something to be a great CD, its got a great mix along with that track, and alot of interstate 8 material.

So I've recently gotten stoked on Built to Spill... they share a lot in common musically IMO... I've only listened to perfect from now on and keep it like a secret but im impressed.. just throwing out a recommend!

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #17 of 52
I've only just gotten into Modest Mouse so I've only got their latest album. My favourite tracks on it are "Parting of the Sensory", "Little Motel" and "Dashboard".

Which albums should I try next?

Oct 18, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #18 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've only just gotten into Modest Mouse so I've only got their latest album. My favourite tracks on it are "Parting of the Sensory", "Little Motel" and "Dashboard".

Just proceed backwards: Good News For People Who Love Bad News, The Moon & Antarctica, The Lonesome Crowded West. All are amazing.

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #19 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by leng jai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All of them! Make sure you pick up all the EPs too, Interstate 8 especially is a great one (despite some bad quality recordings). A solid discography torrent might be the best way (after you first purchase all the CDs, of course
wink.gif
)

Nov 3, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #20 of 52
Just one favorite
frown.gif
?

I like all of these the best:
We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
The Moon & Antarctica
The Lonesome Crowded West
This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About
Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Modest Mouse sure does have a unique musical styling that makes them great.

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #24 of 52
My favorite song is Edit the Sad Parts.

The Lonesome Crowded West is probably my favorite album, but Building Nothing out of Something is very good too.

I had a giant CD case with all of Modest Mouse's albums in it stolen though, so I am mostly Modest-Mouse-less. I think the only album I have reacquired since then is the new one. I sure do miss those.

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #25 of 52
I've been looking at the purchase of an AKG 601 to accompany my Corda Move with bands like modest mouse in mind... can anyone give a akg 601 + MM combo opinion?

Nov 30, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #26 of 52
I have all of their albums except "Interstate 8." I really love them all. I'm pretty sure that "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" is going to be my favorite album of the year. Great band! If you haven't heard "Sharpen Your Teeth" by Ugly Casanova, check it out. Issac Brock and others...great album...gotta thank Davey for getting me onto that one...
cool.gif

Dec 1, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #27 of 52
I can't see whats so good about The Moon & Antarctica but I absolutely love Good News for People who Like Bad News and their newest effort.

Dec 1, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #28 of 52
The Moon and Antarctica is the only Modest Mouse album I can listen to - I really don't like the rest of their music for some reason.

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #30 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by freid77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone heard of plans for a new album?? Is it too early for me to ask this?

I haven't heard anything but I don't think I would be looking for anything new in the near future. "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" just came out in like April or May of this past year I believe. If you have not heard "Sharpen Your Teeth" by Ugly Casanova, which I refer to above, you should definitely check it out. It is an Issac Brock side project (including Brian Deck (Califone, Red Red Meat, Iron & Wine, Rex)) and Tim Rutili (Califone, Red Red Meat) of a few years ago. It's a really good album...very Modest Mouse like...

Ugly Casanova Sharpen Your Teeth CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back