Modern Warfare 2
Jan 6, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by asianfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite possibly IMO the best musical score a video game has ever been graced with since MGS series.
I'm actually anxious for the OST to come out, which was recently announced.

Feedback and comments welcome!

No wonder, Hans Zimmer is a genius ...

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No wonder, Hans Zimmer is a genius ...

Haha yeah, I didn't realize it till I actually looked it up. I kept telling myself while playing that It felt like I was listening to something out pirates of the caribbean.
dt880smile.png

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #4 of 16
I think FF series has awesome music. And Zelda too.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Haha yeah, I didn't realize it till I actually looked it up. I kept telling myself while playing that It felt like I was listening to something out pirates of the caribbean.
dt880smile.png

The final level while you're rafting after the helicopter definitely gave it away for me.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #7 of 16
Speaking of Modern Warefare 2, what was everyone's best time on Breach and Clear? Did anyone beat 14.05 sec? =)

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #8 of 16
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best, bla bla, etc etc (especially considering how much game music I like), but it's very good. In fact, better than I expected; yes I know everyone raves over movie composers, but I don't always find their stuff interesting. This, however, I certainly find interesting.

As for an OST in the works, I'll be looking forward to it, especially in regards to sound quality.

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Quite possibly IMO the best musical score a video game has ever been graced with since MGS series.

There's quite a few things wrong with this.

If I limit myself to 1999 alone (the year following MGS release) you've got FF8, CC, Outcast.

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cianyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked the Fallout 3 soundtrack. I turned the in-game radio on just to listen to the Inkspots. Goes well with the Nuka-Cola and the Iguana-on-a-stick.

It could use many more songs. I enjoyed what they had, but it swiftly became repetitive.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #14 of 16
I agree in many respects with that, but my personal favorite of the year is the Borderlands OST. Though of all time, I can't decide.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think FF series has awesome music. And Zelda too.

Speaking of Zelda:

Zelda Reorchestrated

Unfortunately they lost all of their original recordings in a hard drive fallout and were left only with 192Kbps mp3s...but it's still worth a listen, especially for the nostalgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back