Modding the Sr60s' pads
Oct 21, 2005 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Blasyrkh

100+ Head-Fier
hi, finally I ordered a pair of the legendary sr60
biggrin.gif
but now i want to mod the pads and i want alittle piece of advice.

they are the soft ones i think, without the hole. do you suggest to buy another kind of pads or to make a hole in these? how can i make the hole easily? thanks!

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 6
A nice easy, effective mod for the stock comfy pads is to cut a hole in the middle. I'm in the UK and used a new 10p piece, but understand a dime in US money is a similar size. Just centralise your coin as carefully as you can, take a bit of time with this make sure it's spot on, then one finger hard on the coin, very sharp carft knife in the other hand, and cut away. Plenty of pressure and you'll get a nice clean circle. Easy.

With mine, when you look at the drivers, it leaves the outer ring of circles under the pad and exposes the inner ring and large circle.

Sound wise, a bit more open, bit more sparkle, bit more lively without destroying all that's special about SR-60's. Fairly subtle changes but most effective IMO, and it all it costs you is a dime (or 10p)
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen Smith
But please, take the pad off first
biggrin.gif

LOL
biggrin.gif

thanks for the advice, but i'm from italy, i have to use another kind of coin
biggrin.gif

you're telling me the sound gains more sparkle, but highs are emphasized? i like a darker sound, do you think i should not cut the pads?

Oct 21, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen Smith
IMO it's a subtle improvement and didn't destroy the balance of sound, highs are certainly not aggresive or harsh, you'll still retain that dark, gooey (but very tasty) SR-60 sound.

ok i did it, but damn, i couldn't make perfect circles
frown.gif
they are a bit ovals, it's the same?...and are quite antiaesthetic, the cut can be seen well, hope the pad wil not rip apart in the future

however now are a little bit brighter than before (damn), but much more deteiled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back