Modding My Headphones To Have Line Out
Sep 19, 2009 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Helgen

New Head-Fier
What's up all, this might be a question asked constantly, and I have tried to navigate as much as possible, there's so many threads!

I would like to replace the cable that comes with my Sony MDR-V700. It is too long, and I had saw some pictures that some people replaced the cable of theirs. So what I would like to do is, have a line out that would go to line in (interconnect, I think?) So that I may plug any cable I want to it. I am very sure it's possible, I think I saw it here.

If anyone can tell me how, point to a thread/site anything, please let me know, thank you very much in advance!

Sep 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 7
arent you talking about an adapter? how can a headphone have a line OUT, it cant get anything out, just in. You cant make the plug going into your say..ipod because then your headohones wil only get an analog signal which isnt amplified. so there wont be sound. I think im misunderstanding your queistion but what the heck

Sep 19, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 7
It's rather unclear, but what I think he's trying to say is he wants a detachable cable so he can use varying cable lengths, like the K271.

Sep 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm pretty sure he's talking about making a detachable cable for his v700s.

Helgen: firstly, you should ask a moderator to move this thread to the DIY forum, you will get much better responses there.
Within that forum are several stickies, check the one on how to build your own interconnect. This is the premise of all the knowledge you will need to know. Mounting some panel mount mono 2.5mm(or mini-xlr) jacks will be pretty straight forward (ground->driver ground, hot-> driver hot). There's a lot of information available on how to build cables.

Browsing around the DIY forum will provide you with more then enough information that you will need to recable your headphones.

edit: If you have any more questions try a search in the DIY forum, then start a thread.

good luck

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntropic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's rather unclear, but what I think he's trying to say is he wants a detachable cable so he can use varying cable lengths, like the K271.

Yes, this is exactly what I want to do!

I'm sorry I posted in the wrong forum, I will ask a moderator once I sober up!

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #7 of 7
Your best bet would have been finding a mod on here and PMing them, rather than bumping an old thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back