Modding Denon D5000 to balanced with stock cable
Jul 27, 2008 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fallow81

100+ Head-Fier
Hey.

What about balancing D5000 with stock cable ?
Is it a matter of cut off standard jack and terminate the cable with 2 XLRs ?

As I know Left and Right + and 2xGround are connected to Jack. So I can connect left and right + to L+ and R+ on XLRs and USE 2xGrounds as Left and Right -.

smily_headphones1.gif
?

As I know stock cable in D5000 isnt bad.

Jul 27, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've got it right. The only trick is to determine which ground is from the left and which one is from the right.

how would you do that?

Jul 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how would you do that?

Open up one of the sound chambers so you can get at the solder points on the driver then use a multimeter to check continuity from the ground on the driver end to one of the grounds at the plug end after exposing the 4 conductors. Or, if the two grounds are different colors, you can just do it by eye.

Jul 27, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Open up one of the sound chambers so you can get at the solder points on the driver then use a multimeter to check continuity from the ground on the driver end to one of the grounds at the plug end after exposing the 4 conductors. Or, if the two grounds are different colors, you can just do it by eye.

They're color coded actually (I did this a while ago). I didn't remember the colors exactly so I took apart my XLR connectors:

Ground (left and right): Black
Right: red/orange
Left: white

The Grounds to pin 3 and the L/R to pin 2 in the respective connector and you're good to go! Oh and the cables are bundled so the white one is with the left ground etc...

Cheers,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back