Mod to improve HD25 comfort
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bossatiger

100+ Head-Fier
So I am getting tired my HD25-1 II Adidas for their clamp. I have been trying to find ways to improve comfort ever since I got them some months ago. I have had no luck and so I ask you guys 
basshead.gif
 is there anything I can do to mod the pads or clamping force? 

On an unrelated note,

I did the quarter mod for my Alessandro MS-1i headphones (after buying 3 sets of spare ear pads) and I found that the best hole size for the quarter mod is just opening the center hole and the ring of holes around the center hole. Brought out the some midrange and gave some treble detail as well as un-muffling a bit of bass.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #2 of 4
The velour earpads are a little softer on the ears, but the HD25 will always have pretty high clamping force. The headband seems to loosen up a bit after some use, but then when I don't use mine for some days the headband seems to form back to it's original shape and clamps just as hard as when it was brand new. I don't mind it as it gives amazing isolation and ensures it stays on your head during exercise and what not. 
I got used to the fit after some days and can wear them for 2,5 hours without problems, then I need a small break from them.

How do you like to sound compared to your MS1i?

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
The velour earpads are a little softer on the ears, but the HD25 will always have pretty high clamping force. The headband seems to loosen up a bit after some use, but then when I don't use mine for some days the headband seems to form back to it's original shape and clamps just as hard as when it was brand new. I don't mind it as it gives amazing isolation and ensures it stays on your head during exercise and what not. 
I got used to the fit after some days and can wear them for 2,5 hours without problems, then I need a small break from them.

How do you like to sound compared to your MS1i?

I'll try out the velour ear pads and see how they do for me. I'm wondering if I can loosen something in the headband mechanism to decrease clamping force, since the whole headphone can be taken apart.

I find that the sound is overall less pleasant compared to my MS1is because it has a very "aggressive" high range (I have burned them in) and less midrange warmth and detail. 

What happens is my ear gets sore; it doesn't get sweaty (I use IEMs for daily exercise) but my ear slowly starts to become uncomfortable. 

I'm trying to figure out a way to mod the ear pads at the moment

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 4
The velour pads are more comfortable but they lost isolation which is not a worthy trade off to me so i ran the leatherish pads through the washing machine and it did wonders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back